Watch out for water hazards in Texas... >

Watch out for water hazards in Texas...

Notices

Watch out for water hazards in Texas...

Old 08-31-2017, 11:29 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Watch out for water hazards in Texas...

...like SUVs and minivans:

OUCH!

Old 08-31-2017, 11:58 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

We are out of fuel in Dallas / Ft Worth. The lines here for fuel this Thursday mourning was miles long. It reminded me of the 1974 energy crisis at the fuel pumps. So do not come to Texas for this holiday period. We have no idea how much fuel if any will be available for Friday thru whenever ? As of 1 pm Thursday all fuel was completely gone at the pumps within a 5 mile radius from me. At 6 pm very few could find fuel anywhere in the DFW area. Some azzwipes bizs have way up the fuel prices that they had left today. we heard 9.99 per gallon some paid. And on the local news - people sent pics of the fuel receipts for 6.99 per gallon
Old 09-01-2017, 12:07 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Really interesting firefighting technique here as well. (Badass actually!)

https://tinyurl.com/y9zput9n

Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-01-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:54 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Really interesting firefighting technique here as well. (Badass actually!)

https://tinyurl.com/y9zput9n
It still kind of still shocks me they can just hold that boat back like they do. I understand why but seeing it is weird.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:24 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 945 Likes on 474 Posts

That's got to be a jet lower on that motor....no way an prop could throw water like that....reminds me of my jetskiing days, sinking the nose with the tail in the air and blasting friends on the beach!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-01-2017, 09:00 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
It still kind of still shocks me they can just hold that boat back like they do. I understand why but seeing it is weird.
It is up against a truck.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:02 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wally
That's got to be a jet lower on that motor....no way an prop could throw water like that....reminds me of my jetskiing days, sinking the nose with the tail in the air and blasting friends on the beach!
Yes, I'm sure it's a jet foot on that boat; make sense for the rescues and use it would have.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
actually yeah they can. A buddy of mine here has a Tooner with a pair of 300's and he does it all the time. Trim them out all the way and they really do not generate that much forward thrust (although i agree it does look like a jet foot on the above video). My friend the does same thing with his vintage jet boat with a neutral drop, he's somewhat legendary around the islands and young guys all the time egg him on to try and knock them off their feet while standing on the beach . . . . . He has gotten quite good with his aim and I've yet to see anyone still standing after a direct hit . . . one guy dared him to try and put out their little beach fire . . . took all of about three seconds. All in good fun though and never anyone unsuspecting.

that roof up there is nuts . . . looks like about a twenty two pitch on the right side boat and maybe an eighteen on the left lol . . . wow
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 09-01-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
We are out of fuel in Dallas / Ft Worth. The lines here for fuel this Thursday mourning was miles long. It reminded me of the 1974 energy crisis at the fuel pumps. So do not come to Texas for this holiday period. We have no idea how much fuel if any will be available for Friday thru whenever ? As of 1 pm Thursday all fuel was completely gone at the pumps within a 5 mile radius from me. At 6 pm very few could find fuel anywhere in the DFW area. Some azzwipes bizs have way up the fuel prices that they had left today. we heard 9.99 per gallon some paid. And on the local news - people sent pics of the fuel receipts for 6.99 per gallon

Yeah this sucks.. the wife and I are gonna get up at like 3:00AM and go try and find some gas. We just bought a house in Frisco and plan to move this weekend and my truck only has a 1/4 tank of gas... Might have to siphon some out of the boat!
Old 09-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ I had the same plan but was going to go to Possum Kingdom tomorrow guess that's out. Yesterday after work it was a full on panic for fuel around here, people acting crazy thanks to the Media hype and them getting fuel even if they didn't need it. This morning was a little better and most in south Fort Worth had it. Hopefully it calms down soon I need to go to the lake..... 1st world problems!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.