Hurricane Irma vs. Florida

Notices

Hurricane Irma vs. Florida

Old 09-10-2017, 08:06 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
How did they make out with surge ? I have many insurance clients that keep their boats there.
Surge happening some time after 2nd eyewall. So surge will be happening soon or has been happening for ust a little while.

TommyMonza - here's a vid of Naples just a few hrs ago before the storm surge.
Unreal what it sounds like your Ex and Dad are going thru. Make sure they don't go out thinking there is little surge because there will probably be a ton more to go.It can take a while for it all to come in.

Make sure to watch wellpast the 1 minute mark.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:11 PM
SB
Registered

Here is a pic of the Hurricane right now. The center is just above Ft Meyers.

Under the center the winds are coming on shore which causes the surge of water inland. As long as you are getting wind going inland you are going to get surge. In fact, weather people say the surge lacks a handful of hours behind the wind...so if the ind stops, surge can continue for some time. They go on to say this is the leading cause of hurricane related deaths. People going out when things settle down not realiing more wter is coming...and then, yup, dead.

Be careful everyone !!!!

Last edited by SB; 09-10-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:21 PM
SB
Registered

Edited post above - took me many attempt's to get a pic up there.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:47 PM
SB
Registered

Parts of Miami going under earlier today

Hurricane Irma Miami Floods: Video Footage & Photos

Last edited by SB; 09-10-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by erik1976
I'm in Canada now but depending on damage I'll be going down Tuesday will stop on the way for supplies/building materials etc. If you need anything brought down please let me know my number is 705-499-1851. Not sure if you are there but I have propane tanks and a bunch of water at my house if you need it.
Once we get an assessment in the morning we will also be firming up plans to go down to do whatever needs done, and bring with us whatever materials we think that we need. We are at our home in Iowa right now. I do not want to leave too soon, as Georgia could be a mess through Wednesday or so. When down, I will give you a shout and we can cross paths.

I do know that it is not NEARLY as bad as what we had expected. We pretty much had written off the house until about mid-day today. Hopefully the storm surge does not get too crazy.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:23 AM
SB
Registered

As I was mentioning above about surges coming later on the west coast, Naples ended up having a water surge 7ft late last night. Will try to find pics/video when it becomes light out.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Hope Bobthebuilder came through ok in Marco....
We have some friends in Tampa that dodged a bullet for sure....his neighbor was able to put his flats boat into his living room through the patio doors!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The following is the update I received this a.m. from Fish Tale Marina, Ft. Myers Beach, FL:

"Good morning, everybody. The Sheriff's Department was just at the Marina and it appears that we did not have any tidal surge and the wind did not do any obvious damage. We are not sure about the roofs of the buildings. Fort Myers Beach had 130 mph winds. It appears that as the storm passed Estero it started to dissipate - fortunately for us.

We will be in touch with further notices once we can go there."

No word on the status of the boats...
Old 09-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Clearwater Florida reporting in here. Storm mostly broke apart by the time it got here and was east of us sparing us the higher winds. No real damage at all in our neighborhood. Prayers and thoughts for our South Florida Peeps.

Chris
Old 09-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So how did Cape Coral make out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.