Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
28-35 twin recommendations >

28-35 twin recommendations

Notices

28-35 twin recommendations

Old 10-11-2017, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

It is a little longer then you wanted but there is a nice looking Velocity 390 in the classifieds. 525s, air and gen. set.

Padraig
Old 10-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

I like my 35Zr..it was a huge step up from the 22zx I had a few years ago. Its size is just right for type of boating I enjoy and although the cabin is "small" compared to other 35ft boats...I find myself enjoying the lower profile and even flight when its underway or launching from waves. I have plain old 496 MagHo's and reliability was a huge factor when I was shopping. I know of another 35Zr same configuration with 496's that has 900+ Hours and no rebuild yet! The only drawback I have like Captain Yarr is that anything involving a solo trip is out of the question. This is likely because I do not want to bounce my boat off the dock and screw something up. It may not be the fastest 35ft boat on the water...but its one of the nicest looking and it can handle nearly any wind or wave thrown at it.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by XX14
i do most of this myself too. Is it difficult to maneuver in tight spaces? Wind pushing the boat around at slow speeds? I'd love to for a ride some time. Let me know if you want to get out.
It is definitely more of a handful than my Sunsation was. I drove a 32 Dominator this weekend and it is ridiculously easy to maneuver in tight spots. That said, it is a perfectly maneuverable boat. Probably because the props spin in, it doesn't reverse particularly well so I find you need to use the throttle when moving around tight spots. Not a big deal but wasn't needed on the Sunny. Like Ropes said, going solo is a bit of a nervous exercise because there can be times when you need another hand around the docks to make sure you don't kiss the dock. I've done it a few times but wasn't particularly excited about it.

Sure I'd be happy to get you out and show you. On Lake Travis, the ride is hard to beat. I'm booked for the rest of October but I'm sure we'll have a nice day in November for a cruise.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds good!

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
It is definitely more of a handful than my Sunsation was. I drove a 32 Dominator this weekend and it is ridiculously easy to maneuver in tight spots. That said, it is a perfectly maneuverable boat. Probably because the props spin in, it doesn't reverse particularly well so I find you need to use the throttle when moving around tight spots. Not a big deal but wasn't needed on the Sunny. Like Ropes said, going solo is a bit of a nervous exercise because there can be times when you need another hand around the docks to make sure you don't kiss the dock. I've done it a few times but wasn't particularly excited about it.

Sure I'd be happy to get you out and show you. On Lake Travis, the ride is hard to beat. I'm booked for the rest of October but I'm sure we'll have a nice day in November for a cruise.
id love to get out for a cruise but I'm also available if you want to get out before it gets cold for our two month winter. If anyone else has a FASTEC 35 it's high on my list as well.