Performance headers for my Donzi 28 ZX

Notices

Performance headers for my Donzi 28 ZX

Old 11-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donzi

Hi guys

thanks for replies, I live on the river so fresh water when I come back home so the engine should be flushed from salt water after being out on the sea, it's about half an hour drive at 4 knots so I would of thought proper flushed.
it was actually the suggestion of my mechanic, as he said one of the headers was slightly warm and that was a tell tell sign of it beginning to fail. I know nothing lol I am just a turn the key and go guy. Is he just being over cautious ?
Mike
Old 11-21-2017, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get an infrared temp gun and verify his handometer for your self. You can also look and see if both exhausts are flowing equal amounts of water and of both engines look the same. Sometimes it is normal for one side to flow more than the other doesn't always indicate a problem. but I think your mechanic is correct if they are internally corroded and restricting the flow they will be warmer. You can also buy some new riser gaskets and pull them off and have a look for yourself.