Banging, clunking and thumping. Driveline problem 496/Bravo >

Banging, clunking and thumping. Driveline problem 496/Bravo

Notices

Banging, clunking and thumping. Driveline problem 496/Bravo

Old 12-15-2017, 12:32 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Just have to say and wanted to add as many know as well ---- running and operating a true business with a storefront in the USA is prob 1000 times the cost than Thailand. For anyone that has owned and or ran a real certified boat service center and or boat dealership especially in a major market area - knows that just operating expenses is 5 figures per month. Not one marine shop in the USA could ever do that job for 150 bucks even if you brought that boat to them. Maybe some craigslist jack of all trades might do the job for 300 bucks but I know how those end results would turn out. Hell the real Merc alignment tool in the pic is that cost for the techs labor. Just my 2 cents FWIW

Last edited by BUP; 12-15-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Just have to say and wanted to add as many know as well ---- running and operating a true business with a storefront in the USA is prob 1000 times the cost than Thailand. For anyone that has owned and or ran a real certified boat service center and or boat dealership especially in a major market area - knows that just operating expenses is 5 figures per month. Not one marine shop in the USA could ever do that job for 150 bucks even if you brought that boat to them. Maybe some craigslist jack of all trades might do the job for 300 bucks but I know how those end results would turn out. Hell the real Merc alignment tool in the pic is that cost for the techs labor. Just my 2 cents FWIW
Thailand is NOT the 'real world' when it comes to labor costs. A mechanic gets paid around 10-15 bucks a day but he can eat lunch for $2, it cost me $4 to stock the icebox, etc, etc. The costs for renting or owning a decent size workshop are probably 70% less than the equivalent in the U.S. so my posts are just a little point of interest.

BUP, you're one of the most helpful posters on OSO and I hope all the time you spend on here helps with your business too. You guys can all dream about how cheap the labor costs are in Thailand and I will continue to dream about how cheap all the boats are in the U.S. and how expensive it is to get one shipped here!

Another bit of info, the local dealer priced a new 350 Verado at 33,000 usd and a 300 was nearly 28,000 so I don't have it all my way....

Happy Christmas guys

RR