Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Galleon Marina Key West WORST EXPERIENCE EVER (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/350958-galleon-marina-key-west-worst-experience-ever.html)

miller001 11-21-2017 09:54 AM

Galleon Marina Key West WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Worst customer service!! Watch your bills at this establishment!! Not only is this marina expensive, but they over charged me and charged me for a day that i wasnt there!! These people are unreasonable and impossible to deal with!!
We checked in on nov 4, 2017 and departed the morning of nov 11, 2017- i was given 2 seperate reciepts, one receipt was for 3 nights and the other receipt was for 6 nights. Once i noticed the error, i called immediately and spoke with cindy to discuss the mistake. Not only was this woman rude, she was impossible to deal with!!! She was argumentative and basically told me that we left late (after 2 pm) even though i had proof from my fuel purchase ( credit card receipt) and time stamped photo's/ text messages!!
The dispute was met with such contempt, i decided to cancel my reservation for next years race / poker run week - i was then told if i cancelled the reservation , they will keep my entire deposit of $1806.00!!! Remember they already have a wait list for next year so this is nothing more than price gouging consumers!! They already charge extra for race week and then they double charge on top of it!!
We have been going to this race/poker run week for well over 20 years and have a time share at the resort - still no consideraton was given. Unfair!! Rude!! Rip off!!!! Stay elsewhere!!!!

mikebrls 11-21-2017 10:00 AM

That suck's

Ironmanwb 11-21-2017 11:24 AM

Go above her and get whats due to you.

class6 11-21-2017 12:37 PM

Bring them a box of bedbugs. That will shut him down for months

Mseuro 11-21-2017 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by class6 (Post 4595038)
Bring them a box of bedbugs. That will shut him down for months

Great Idea! Where do you get a box of bedbugs? I looked on amazon but no luck.

class6 11-21-2017 05:52 PM

A nice New York City hotel

PPlay33 11-21-2017 06:33 PM

Call and talk to Tom. He should treat be able to take care of your issues. Had trouble with her before.

Cash Bar 11-22-2017 10:13 AM

Saw the video you made on Facebook. What a load of crap.

Also explains how when we left last year we were #2 on the wait list and then over the Summer we became #7. They were obviously putting people ahead of us that they could charge more given we are only 32'.

offshore312 11-22-2017 12:12 PM

The Galleon has a $10.7 million payout from a lawsuit in 2016 that they must be trying to offset by any means possible. Regardless, cheating others and gouging is not acceptable and the Galleon needs to make things right. If you have substantial evidence that you did not check out late, file in small claims in your home state. They will have to answer the suit. Also, reporting to the BBB can help, but it appears that the Galleon has no rating with the BBB and is not concerned.

getreal 11-22-2017 12:14 PM

Cancel your credit card

Sydwayz 11-22-2017 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by offshore312 (Post 4595282)
The Galleon has a $10.7 million payout from a lawsuit in 2016 that they must be trying to offset by any means possible. Regardless, cheating others and gouging is not acceptable and the Galleon needs to make things right. If you have substantial evidence that you did not check out late, file in small claims in your home state. They will have to answer the suit. Also, reporting to the BBB can help, but it appears that the Galleon has no rating with the BBB and is not concerned.

What is the payout/settlement for?

Excess 11-22-2017 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 4595262)
Saw the video you made on Facebook. What a load of crap.

Also explains how when we left last year we were #2 on the wait list and then over the Summer we became #7. They were obviously putting people ahead of us that they could charge more given we are only 32'.

I guess SIZE does Matter

SeaRay SRV200 11-22-2017 01:13 PM

Man paralyzed on his Key West vacation awarded a $10.75 million settlement

Barlow was visiting Key West on April 9, 2015, to celebrate his 40th birthday and was at the Galleon Resort and Marina, 617 Front St., when he dove from the Sunset Tiki Bar deck into the water below, striking his head on the hard bottom.

Barlow sued the companies’ owners for not having posted signs warning of dangers such as diving, which left him with a spinal cord injury so severe he is unable to breathe without a ventilator.

ben 11-22-2017 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by SeaRay SRV200 (Post 4595301)

Barlow was visiting Key West on April 9, 2015, to celebrate his 40th birthday and was at the Galleon Resort and Marina, 617 Front St., when he dove from the Sunset Tiki Bar deck into the water below, striking his head on the hard bottom.

Barlow sued the companies’ owners for not having posted signs warning of dangers such as diving, which left him with a spinal cord injury so severe he is unable to breathe without a ventilator.

Sounds like he got paid 10.75 million because he decided to do something stupid.

Excess 11-22-2017 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by ben (Post 4595302)
Sounds like he got paid 10.75 million because he decided to do something stupid.

You think thats bad...... Damn Canadian Government has paid over 10 mil each to f-ing terrorists who claimed they were mis-treated while prisoner. So far 4 x 10 mil and now some new douchebag is suing them for 50mil

offshore312 11-22-2017 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by SeaRay SRV200 (Post 4595301)

Pretty sure that water is crystal clear too...

offshorexcursion 11-22-2017 04:28 PM

Video Chip posted on Facebook shows overwhelming evidence that they are wrong. Even if he gets things figured out the amount of lies they have told and poor customer service along the way is just plain sad, but becoming all to common nowadays.

SB 11-22-2017 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by offshore312 (Post 4595325)
Pretty sure that water is crystal clear too...

From the pics it looks like it's the ocean...not like he dove into their pool right ?

Sucks to have that accident,,,,,,but wow !!!!!!

Wobble 11-22-2017 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by miller001 (Post 4595012)
Worst customer service!! Watch your bills at this establishment!! Not only is this marina expensive, but they over charged me and charged me for a day that i wasnt there!! These people are unreasonable and impossible to deal with!!
We checked in on nov 4, 2017 and departed the morning of nov 11, 2017- i was given 2 seperate reciepts, one receipt was for 3 nights and the other receipt was for 6 nights. Once i noticed the error, i called immediately and spoke with cindy to discuss the mistake. Not only was this woman rude, she was impossible to deal with!!! She was argumentative and basically told me that we left late (after 2 pm) even though i had proof from my fuel purchase ( credit card receipt) and time stamped photo's/ text messages!!
The dispute was met with such contempt, i decided to cancel my reservation for next years race / poker run week - i was then told if i cancelled the reservation , they will keep my entire deposit of $1806.00!!! Remember they already have a wait list for next year so this is nothing more than price gouging consumers!! They already charge extra for race week and then they double charge on top of it!!
We have been going to this race/poker run week for well over 20 years and have a time share at the resort - still no consideraton was given. Unfair!! Rude!! Rip off!!!! Stay elsewhere!!!!

I have carried an amex platinum card since 78 and always use it for big ticket purchases. I can think of 7 disputes in four different countries that they backed me up 100%. Not happy, call them they will fix it.

1 MAIDEN AMERICA 11-23-2017 08:34 AM

Is this a Key thing?
A friend just got back from there and had to dispute 4+ credit card charges for overbilling at various places. Hotel, fish store, clothing store, boat ride. Everything is resolved now but on top of that he felt there was some price gouging going on too. Said he's never going back.

Indy 11-23-2017 09:32 AM

Sound like a bunch of dooche bags.

Sydwayz 11-23-2017 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA (Post 4595452)
Is this a Key thing?
A friend just got back from there and had to dispute 4+ credit card charges for overbilling at various places. Hotel, fish store, clothing store, boat ride. Everything is resolved now but on top of that he felt there was some price gouging going on too. Said he's never going back.

NOT an excuse, but the economy is suffering BAD down there. Some folks are doing whatever they think they can get away with to put money in their pockets. Key West didn't fare too bad year, but the middle to upper keys have entire islands that are basically uninhabitable and all business are destroyed. And the businesses that are left are suffering because of the draw down in tourism and their other incomes.

Indy 11-23-2017 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 4595468)
NOT an excuse, but the economy is suffering BAD down there.

Changing your business model to screw with those who are supporting the business probably isn't the best strategy.

Sydwayz 11-23-2017 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 4595475)
Changing your business model to screw with those who are supporting the business probably isn't the best strategy.

I TOTALLY agree, and I'm NOT condoning or endorsing it. I'm just stating that's why it's happening.
Chip was smart and checked his bills and reconciles his spending. Some of this crowd just shows up and rolls money around without paying attention, and there are folks who will take advantage of such.

boatnt 11-23-2017 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 4595468)
NOT an excuse, but the economy is suffering BAD down there. Some folks are doing whatever they think they can get away with to put money in their pockets. Key West didn't fare too bad year, but the middle to upper keys have entire islands that are basically uninhabitable and all business are destroyed. And the businesses that are left are suffering because of the draw down in tourism and their other incomes.

what???you are kidding right?

Sydwayz 11-23-2017 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by boatnt (Post 4595483)
what???you are kidding right?

No, I'm not kidding. I'm just stating what's happening. As I stated, and then restated; I'm NOT condoning it. There is no excuse.
I just bring it up because it's not the first issue about fraud, overcharging, and the like, that I've heard around folks who in our community that were in the Keys this November.

Jupiter Sunsation 11-23-2017 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by ben (Post 4595302)

Bet the guy would payback 20 million to not have to breathe through a ventilator anymore.......

Jupiter Sunsation 11-23-2017 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 4595475)

That whole place is all about gouging tourists.....from the cruise ships every day to the race weekends to fantasy fest......The landlords are gouging their tenants, the tenants gouge the tourists.......Think of it as Disney World for adults, just a license to steal from drunk adults!

speicher lane 11-23-2017 11:03 AM

it's not just the Keys - it's everywhere. It seems a growing faction find it easier to make a fast buck than an honest one from proper customer service and repeat business.

Sad part is "these" people can/do it with a smile

boatnt 11-23-2017 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 4595489)
No, I'm not kidding. I'm just stating what's happening. As I stated, and then restated; I'm NOT condoning it. There is no excuse.
I just bring it up because it's not the first issue about fraud, overcharging, and the like, that I've heard around folks who in our community that were in the Keys this November.

ok ,because it sounded like you were ok with it,,

I have been going to KW for a long time ,maybe 20 years or so and been doing the KW races for maybe now 12 years,over the years I have been over charged from the Famous restaurant ,,I have had my Tips changed on the receipts, have been over charged at bars,,and you dont know until you are back home and get your cc statement,,so far I have been lucky and my cc has fought for me and had for the most part reversed the charges ,,
at this point I am rethinking things and maybe a better option would be to spent more time at the hotel and have a nice meal and some drinks and then go out,,or stay outside KW and drive in for the daily events,,

besides do some of bars and restaurants even own a broom and a mop?? going in after a couple of drinks is a lot different than going in sober,
going in some, or i should say most of this place in the morning/day you realize how disgusting they really are.

Sydwayz 11-23-2017 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by boatnt (Post 4595500)
ok ,because it sounded like you were ok with it,,

I have been going to KW for a long time ,maybe 20 years or so and been doing the KW races for maybe now 12 years,over the years I have been over charged from the Famous restaurant ,,I have had my Tips changed on the receipts, have been over charged at bars,,and you dont know until you are back home and get your cc statement,,so far I have been lucky and my cc has fought for me and had for the most part reversed the charges ,,
at this point I am rethinking things and maybe a better option would be to spent more time at the hotel and have a nice meal and some drinks and then go out,,or stay outside KW and drive in for the daily events,,

besides do some of bars and restaurants even own a broom and a mop?? going in after a couple of drinks is a lot different than going in sober,
going in some, or i should say most of this place in the morning/day you realize how disgusting they really are.

We are in almost the same boat. I have been going to KW since 1999 or so, and feel the same way. Several years ago I finally got my GF to see Key West by stopping there on a cruise on NYE-Day for 6 hours in the morning, and now she loves it more than I do. I don't stay at hotels down there anymore, WAY too expensive for what you get.
Last year I rented a boat to stay on in the Galleon harbor, off of VRBO.
This year we rented a private condo right on Duvall over one of my favorite restaurants, also off of VRBO.
One year, I went down very last minute, and posted looking for a room for rent on Craigslist, and that worked out perfect too.
And for the last couple of New Year's weeks; we have driven down with the camper, Harley/scooter, and stayed on Stock Island; and celebrated New Years on Duvall.

I pay very careful attention to my day-to-day finances; and accordingly try to book the major expenses cheaply, so I don't get bent out of shape for all the little things that add up quickly down there. Between that, and using an airline backed AMEX card for everything, I am able to enjoy the Keys on my terms, and also not blow a fortune when doing so.

hogie roll 11-23-2017 04:52 PM

Jesus, what kind of stiffs remember everywhere they ate drank and tipped in key west? :D

Unlimited jd 11-23-2017 05:59 PM

Doesn' anyone use cash anymore?

payuppsucker 11-23-2017 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd (Post 4595544)

I don't even have a credit/debit card. Haven't had one in over twenty years.

boatnt 11-23-2017 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=hogie roll;4595537]Jesus, what kind of stiffs remember everywhere they ate drank and tipped in key west? :D[/QUOTE

​​​​​​​not sure about you, but I don't need to get trashed to the point I don't remember what I did the night before

boatnt 11-23-2017 08:33 PM

Sorry,but ​​​​​​​how someone chooses to pay their tab has nothing to do with integrity and honesty of the establishment

Jupiter Sunsation 11-23-2017 08:35 PM

Nope......My buddy owns a local mom/pop pizza place and kids come in for a slice and a coke.....$4 and nobody seems to have $4 anymore so they whip out the debit/credit card! He said the days of the local pizza guy driving a red Corvette and taking a few hundred a day in cash out of the store are long gone.

WARPARTY36 11-23-2017 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 4595492)
Bet the guy would payback 20 million to not have to breathe through a ventilator anymore.......

But suing for jumping over a railing like a phucktard. Last I remember they didn’t have a diving board on the balcony or a life gaurd on duty.

phragle 11-23-2017 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 (Post 4595576)
But suing for jumping over a railing like a phucktard. Last I remember they didn’t have a diving board on the balcony or a life gaurd on duty.

People just dont get the fact that if you eliminate Darwinism, the gene pool gets polluted....

Unlimited jd 11-23-2017 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by boatnt (Post 4595570)
Sorry,but how someone chooses to pay their tab has nothing to do with integrity and honesty of the establishment

handing over $7 for a $5 drink plus tip is a lot easier to police than going over your cc statement line by line