Notices

Tires turn wrong way!

Old 10-18-2002, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires turn wrong way!

I went to Sam's Club last week to get tires put on the dually I just purchased and picked out some tires that just happened to have raised white letters. I told the tire installers to put them on with the white letters to the inside as I prefer to have blackwalls on this truck. After they got the truck all pulled apart, tires dismounted, one of these maroons comes out and tells me that they can't put the tires on that way because the tires would be turning the wrong direction. Now, even I realize that some tires are "directional", but this was not the case. This dim bulb was convinced that the tires would not rotate in the proper direction, regardless of the fact that they rotate in different directions given the side they are installed on. So, stay away from the Holland Mi. Sam's Club. They got some real LOSERS working there. By the way, they lost a $700 sale too because I got my check back and went to Midwest Tire on 28th Street at Ivanrest.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:39 AM
Registered

Thats bad but all too common lately. Too late now, but I have been buying from the TireRack for years and get some really good prices. There ot too far from you I think, I know I go by there facility on 80 when Im heading back to OH. Eve shipping UPS was only like $8 a tire. My caddy needed the refrigerant recharged the other day at the dealer and after the mechanic did it, he couldnt figure out how to reset the low refrig message (duh, button says reset) so he disconnected the battery. Which of course set off the alarms and all kinds of other bad things happen. What a maroon.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:19 PM
Registered

The wrong way...thats funny
Old 10-18-2002, 12:24 PM
Registered

Did you tell him you spent a lot of time backing a trailer?
Old 10-18-2002, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

Funny

Good one pachangalpina

Did you tell him you spent a lot of time backing a trailer?
Old 10-18-2002, 12:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not surprised.
I've had tire changers mount directional tires on the wrong side. Like they couldn't see the arrows.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:48 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Here's one,

I went to Sears for front shocks on my 2000 Ford F350. The GIRL looked up the part number to see if any were in stock. I just wanted some inexpensive shocks because I only have one year left on my lease. The computer showed they had a pair, BUT, she went on to tell me that they were not going to work because they were to small. ??? I told here to just give me the shocks and I will install them my self. Well .... After a few days with the shocks in my back seat, I decided to have the installed at a local shop during a lunch break. The mechanic pulled the old shocks out and when he opened one of the new ones, low and behold, she gave me the wrong frickin' ones. There was a parts shop across the street that could order the correct ones and have them delivered in 4 hours. So, now I've bought two more shocks for $25 more and had to wait 4 hours at the shop. I was stranded and highly pissed. I fell like taking the other shocks back to Sears and SHOVING THEM UP SOMEBODYS ASS.

Old 10-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Registered

Who hires these moorons?
Old 10-18-2002, 02:11 PM
Registered

Fred, I think this guy said (he was kinda hard to understand on account of his accent and lack of teeth) that he was previously employed at some shop in Lansing that built some kinda crankshaft grindy thingies. Like Bugs Bunny says, "What a maroon!". And I can tell you guys, the last thing I want to do with that dually with the windows blacked out and the itty-bitty mirrors it's got on the doors is to be backing up. Especially at night. The door mirrors are smaller than the mirrior Barb keeps in her purse for doing her make-up. All I can see in them is the dually fenders. But hey, they look cool on the truck and that's what counts. Right?
Old 10-18-2002, 02:54 PM
Registered

Don't worry about those rear fenders there fiberglass and if you do hit something they will tear away!!!....Oh and that hick never worked here smart ass!!!!!.....Fred

Quick Reply: Tires turn wrong way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.