Sierra 18-1710 Flange Ring Bellow

Notices

Sierra 18-1710 Flange Ring Bellow

Old 01-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

OP - sorry for the mercruiser advice.

Dont blast BUP - he is one of the most knowledgeable/helpful people on this site, particularly when it comes to OEM stuff.

On a different note, JB welding a block off plate is just plain crazy. You should find a genuine block off plate to screw in. If that thing breaks your boat is going down fast.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:02 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
OP - sorry for the mercruiser advice.

Dont blast BUP - he is one of the most knowledgeable/helpful people on this site, particularly when it comes to OEM stuff.

On a different note, JB welding a block off plate is just plain crazy. You should find a genuine block off plate to screw in. If that thing breaks your boat is going down fast.
Thanks for the positive reply for my end. I was not trying to be mean nor point any fingers but really felt that getting right to the point was needed in replies, I'm still a New Yorker so you know how that can go sometimes . Some are going to like ya and some are truely going to hate ya.

Last edited by BUP; 01-05-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 417 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Thanks for the positive reply for my end. I was not trying to mean nor point any fingers but really felt that getting right to the point was needed in replies, I'm still a New Yorker so you know how that can go sometimes . Some are going to like ya and some are truely going to hate ya.
John don't try to blame living in NY 30 years ago for not being nice. All NYers aren't like that. 😁
Old 01-05-2018, 12:53 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

36 years ago - I can t win - here they call me Yankee or damn New Yorker and in New York they call me Catus Jack or Texan.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 417 Likes on 246 Posts

After 36 years you are a Texan, no doubt about it!! That's OK John. I won't hold it against you.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry BUP I wish I did'n't write the 1st couple of sentences It is stupid to insult some one you are looking for advise from.
I shall put on my thin skin protection on for now on. Also I will prof read what I write before posting. it.
My bad.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:42 AM
Registered

I'm sorry BUP I wish I did'n't write the 1st couple of sentences It is stupid to insult some one you are looking for advise from.
I shall put on my thin skin protection on for now on. Also I will prof read what I write before posting. it.
My bad.

Don't worry . I do realize what you said about the block off plate I just added the JB Weald to the one I got from Volvo Penta of Europe.for good measure
Old 01-06-2018, 08:43 AM
Registered

My bad.

Don't worry . I do realize what you said about the block off plate I just added the JB Weald to the one I got from Volvo Penta of Europe.for good measure
Old 01-06-2018, 08:50 AM
Registered

P.S. This site is realy hard for me to work with. I'm no computer geek in fact I never used email tech. before and never even looked at facerbook or twiter so please excuse my crumbliness.