Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Question for the peanut gallery >

Question for the peanut gallery

Notices

Question for the peanut gallery

Old 01-24-2018, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I was halfway through reading this and I said to myself. He better not pay anyone until he gets his stuff. Then I finished reading. You did the right thing without a doubt.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its amazing anyone buys a boat through a broker anymore because stories like this are all too common. I agree with whoever said you didn't contract the shipper, so its not your bill to pay.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Don't pay until you get your parts.... Broker's in the hard spot,not you, especially if the hauler does alot of work for them, he isn't probably going to haul ANYTHING for the broker until he gets paid for your haul....
Old 01-24-2018, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 553 Likes on 336 Posts

the next time I am driving north from Florida I can bring your stuff up from NC for free. I live just minutes from you scarabman. I'm in Princeton, NJ

Last edited by noli; 01-24-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I know with U ship you don't pay the hauler even though its shown on TV that you do. Just paperwork then you get online with U ship to release the funds.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by noli

the next time I am driving north from Florida I can bring your stuff up from NC for free. I live just minutes from you scarabman. I'm in Princeton, NJ

Thanks for the offer Noli. Whereabouts in Princeton are you? I did a lot of work out that way a few years ago off Pretty Brook Rd. by PDS. If this doesnt work out with them, I might have to take you up on your offer.

Shipper did get back to me, but only to say thanks for keeping them informed, and that they would look into it with broker.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

If the boat was a brokerage boat an not in the dealers stock/inventory I can understand why he might not want to pay the hauler. Still seems a bit lame though.
Can you draw a cashier's cheque for the full amount due, email a copy to both broker and hauler to show you have the money ready and waiting and will hand over the cheque when the goods arrive?

Don't pay in advance, once everything is paid for the situation loses all urgency.

Good luck,
RR
Old 01-25-2018, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 553 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by scarabman
Thanks for the offer Noli. Whereabouts in Princeton are you? I did a lot of work out that way a few years ago off Pretty Brook Rd. by PDS. If this doesnt work out with them, I might have to take you up on your offer.

Shipper did get back to me, but only to say thanks for keeping them informed, and that they would look into it with broker.

Hi

I'm right by the Princeton hospital.

I have a boat delivery from Yellowfin factory in Bradenton, FL to Connecticut at end of February. Date not yet solid. In March I may have another boat delivery to PPI interiors.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Shipper sent me another message. Even though it isnt their problem to fix, as they are caught in the middle, it sounds like they are working with the broker trying to get me my stuff.