Mystic Building Dealer Network

Notices

Mystic Building Dealer Network

Old 01-31-2018, 11:59 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default Mystic Building Dealer Network

In addition to building a dealer network, Mystic plans to expand its center console line and add a sport catamaran with outboard power, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...port-catamaran.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Biggest oversight....."Shogren moving on to other ventures"........Followup on that!?!?!
Old 01-31-2018, 12:51 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Biggest oversight....."Shogren moving on to other ventures"........Followup on that!?!?!
No oversight whatsoever. Mr. Sjogren didn't offer additional information on his future plan, which as a private citizen is his right.

Your desire to know does not equate with your right to know. People often get confused on that point.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Really glad to hear it!
Old 01-31-2018, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
No oversight whatsoever. Mr. Sjogren didn't offer additional information on his future plan, which as a private citizen is his right.

Your desire to know does not equate with your right to know. People often get confused on that point.

It just seemed to be a small part mentioned in the story and after all the money Scott has spent with new showrooms, bigger locations it seemed like a weird segue.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:18 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
It just seemed to be a small part mentioned in the story and after all the money Scott has spent with new showrooms, bigger locations it seemed like a weird segue.
I understand. Sometimes in business/industry stories (trade stories, really) the people departing are eager to share their plans. Sometimes not. The only thing you can do is ask. Our industry isn't one in which companies are publicly held—Mercury Marine/Mercury Racing as divisions of Brunswick being the exceptions—so there are no disclosure requirements when it comes to changes in management, leadership, boards of directors and such.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:34 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From the Adds it looks like Greg Webber is staying on. Maybe Scott is buying Active Thunder....
Old 02-01-2018, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I met Scott Shogren a number of years ago when his operation was in Gurnee and now in McHenry. Every year when I was in the area I would stop by an ogle the boats in storage. This week was no exception in McHenry. Scott shared with me some of his future plans, which is not something that I would ever share in a public forum- that is between him and whomever he wishes.

I will say this much, in all the times that I have had the opportunity to meet Scott he welcomed me like a long lost brother. He took time, explained various aspects of boats, engines and boating and made me feel like I was the most important person on the planet. I just don't see that in today business.

I know that Scott will do well - whatever he sets his mind to and I truly wish him all the very best.

3pointstar
Old 02-01-2018, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
from the adds it looks like greg webber is staying on. Maybe scott is buying active thunder....
negative!