Old 02-10-2018, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

sounds like you have all the ideas. Open a shop and make it happen hoss
Old 02-10-2018, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 597 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You need to watch comments like that......not sure what production numbers look like on I/O Cigs but I suspect they are becoming really small numbers these days. In the next few years catching a ride on a new I/O Cig might be like riding your unicorn to the dock to take your Apache out for the day with your buddy the leprechaun! Even Phil has slowed down building his spec I/O boats. Remember when he would build at least one a year for the Ft Lauderdale show and he never had to worry about taking an unsold boat home after the show!

I think a 30 Vice with 400r's would be a cool build, maybe a 38 with triple 400r's.
Agrred.

They could get fully blindsided by the industry demand of CCs which there is a ton of Quality Competion out there that have been doing it a lot longer and better and more affordable than Cigarette..
Old 02-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

The tech hasnt gone away, and what your missing isnt so much the "excitement" its the banter and comradery. Years ago you had the whole E dock crew, east cost guys etc busting each others balls, meeting in real life and creating adventures, people were even getting together in the offseason for jackassery and hijinx,

CAse in point, there is another site, tiny compared to oso, btu there are a bunch of guys, most of whom have met and continue to meet at parties, runs, the islands, etc,,,, THey have fun together,

Sure there is more tech info here, but when discussion is just opinionated tech and the occasional outting, draw, quartering and disemboweling of the latest nefarious bastard, where is the fun? Its like watching a reading a tech manual vs watching a sitcom. Sure we can get into a discussion on why NGK plugs are better than champions, but the real reason you logged on and laughed was about how Gino walked out to get the mail, tripped over the newpaper, pounced off the neighbor kids beachball, landed on the lawn mowere which rolled foreward knocking over the gas can which spilled into the drain and into the sewer and then reacted with the sewer swamp gas and ignited causing an explosion that leveled Miami city hall.........Stecz tried to put the fire out with kool aid and masher was drunk and tried pissing on it....
Old 02-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Griff, I was commenting on the Cigarette AMG build, not the industry in general. I fell the industry is heading in a good direction right now and has reinvented itself with cc and outboard power.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

I will also add, when you sit down order a boat from Cigarette, hand pick everything and pay the down payment. They give you a schedule, and in the end actually give you the final completed product. And keep you up to date with the progress. I can think of many boat purchases that didn’t go that way....lol
Old 02-10-2018, 12:39 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Same thing that's happening to Harley Davidson is happening to "true" performance boaters.... they've grown old! too expensive of a sport for the younger (jet ski) crowd.... The market for high performance boats is shrinking with the age of the true performance boaters....

There... more negativism.... but as the saying goes "the truth hurts"
Old 02-10-2018, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You need to watch comments like that......not sure what production numbers look like on I/O Cigs but I suspect they are becoming really small numbers these days. In the next few years catching a ride on a new I/O Cig might be like riding your unicorn to the dock to take your Apache out for the day with your buddy the leprechaun! Even Phil has slowed down building his spec I/O boats. Remember when he would build at least one a year for the Ft Lauderdale show and he never had to worry about taking an unsold boat home after the show!

I think a 30 Vice with 400r's would be a cool build, maybe a 38 with triple 400r's.
Awesome, love it!
Almost forgot what it was like to read your 'know-it-all' Cigarette bashing crap. Cigarette builds 40 - 50 boats a year, every year. Who gives a crap if its the industry's best I/O or CC. They build good product and they make money, what a concept. If you take the time to check the facts you'll find Cigarette has a continuous improvement platform that incorporates innovation in every build that comes out of their factory. Take a good look at how they have taken the lead on CC wind deflection, this is just one example.

I do like how this thread has at least given us a reason to log in to OSO again.

Last edited by 39 Unlimited; 02-10-2018 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Change
Old 02-10-2018, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Very few people can afford the examples of NEW boats discussed in this thread.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

I for one have fallen in love with those AMG 50 marauders . I think there bad ass wave crushers . Also agree that it’s beem played out but you can’t knock them . Economy is good. Interesting to see how this show is for the builders .
Old 02-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Originally Posted by GRH
Same thing that's happening to Harley Davidson is happening to "true" performance boaters.... they've grown old! too expensive of a sport for the younger (jet ski) crowd.... The market for high performance boats is shrinking with the age of the true performance boaters....

There... more negativism.... but as the saying goes "the truth hurts"
I don't see what you're saying as negative at all. Your observations are accurate.

The truth doesn't hurt—it's just the truth.

But I don't mourn the market that no longer exists. I work with the market we have now. And within that marketplace, I find a lot to to be excited about. Living through 2007-2008 will do that to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.