Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where has all the excitement gone? >

Where has all the excitement gone?

Notices

Where has all the excitement gone?

Old 02-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Where has all the excitement gone?

I remember when OSO was exciting, always something new from boat builders, always cool stories, always cool boat projects...I used to look forward to a visit here to see the latest and greatest. But for the past few years, maybe more, its been boring...all the boats look the same. Nothing exciting is posted anymore.
And the new Cig AMG...seriously? That's all they got nowadays?
Same old design, different colors.
Here's an idea before you go bankrupt, come out with something cool, besides paint! Build something awesome again. Get us fired up and talking.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

agreed, nothing different.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 2,802 Likes on 943 Posts

You talking industry news?

I get that OSO is pretty boring lately (heck back in the mid / late 2000's a thread like this would be on page 5 in the two hours since you posted). However, if you've been paying attention there's been all kinds of sh!t going on in the industry. Have you been reading Jason and Matt's press releases and articles from Speed on the Water? They are very on top of what's going on. All kinds of industry news -

* Fountain powerboats with Reggie and Reggie JR building a new Kilo record boat with huge sterling power
* Fountains building cats now.
* Baja is building boats again
* Outerlimits and Hustler building outboard offshore V hulls (not ccs, though that's rumored).
* Mystic moved away from single dealer Sjogren and is building their dealer network as well as going to get back to their roots with cats again.
* MTI continues to build both amazing CC's and cats and will have a bunch of boats at the Miami show
* Cigarette? while I agree the AMG theme is getting kinda tired, they've sold something like 40+ 50' Marauders over the past several years and at over a mil each, I don't think you have to worry about them going bankrupt. Not to mention all the other boats their pumping out.
* Active Thunder recently went up for sale (looking forward to seeing where that goes, seems like someone's going to get a great opportunity.
* Peter / Skater keep on building amazing boats.

That's just the East coast. The west coast has been blowing up as well and the L.A. boat show just had the most performance boats rep'd this year than in probably over 10 years with new builds from DCB, Eliminator, Nordic / Hallet (side note - Nordic bought out Hallet in 2017), Howard, Shockwave, newer companies RPM and Archer Marine (building smaller Larry Smith Scarabs), Interceptor Boats and Adrenaline. Dave Johson of River Dave's Place did a great thread on his website covering the L.A. boat show highlights with detailed pics and commentary. You should really check out some of the stuff the West Coast builders are doing, amazing fit and finish and interior work that is crazy detailed with of course DCB arguably leading the industry in detail oriented fit and finish. Pics - Official 2018 Los Angeles Boat Show Report! River Daves Place

There's all kinds of exciting stuff going on in the industry and it seems the re-bounded economy has definitely struck the boating industry again with all the new builds and things happening, just gotta broaden your horizons a bit and look a little harder than the general section in OSO now-a-days unfortunately.

Last edited by thisistank; 02-09-2018 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Facebook, Updates hourly on whats going on.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:52 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,666 Likes on 1,195 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
I remember when OSO was exciting, always something new from boat builders, always cool stories, always cool boat projects...I used to look forward to a visit here to see the latest and greatest. But for the past few years, maybe more, its been boring...all the boats look the same. Nothing exciting is posted anymore.
And the new Cig AMG...seriously? That's all they got nowadays?
Same old design, different colors.
Here's an idea before you go bankrupt, come out with something cool, besides paint! Build something awesome again. Get us fired up and talking.
Not sure how exciting you'll find this, but here's a basic list—one that will grow until the show opens, of stories about what's coming to Miami this year, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...iami-boat-show.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And. Is Pantera coming back?
Old 02-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 364 Likes on 243 Posts

There is almost positive things to find! You just got the search a little!
Old 02-09-2018, 09:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I’d love to see more boating challenges. The kilo attempt is certainly one of them, but more endurance challenges would be great as well.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Where's the free booze and hookers???
Old 02-09-2018, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Bookface....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.