Notices

Got The Itch Again....

Old 05-25-2024, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 1,880 Likes on 734 Posts

Ding, ding, ding, ding!

Originally Posted by rak rua
I’ll take a guess….a horn.
I had one just like it on a Sea Ray Pachanga many years ago.

RR
The following users liked this post:
rak rua (05-25-2024)
Old 05-27-2024, 12:03 AM
Registered

Received 378 Likes on 217 Posts

Hey Gary,
Great update, Real curious on what differences the 20" mids made. The more I run my boat, the more I think I need to do the same.... I was surprised to read you still have the VRO pumps. I would have thought you would have deleted those out. I remember those being a weak point on OMC's design/strategy. Regardless, the rigs looks awesome.. I plan on being back in August, monday to monday, the 19th to the 26th. Gonna tow back and boat all week. Probably will have to do one day at the point for the kids. If your up, I we gotta meet up. The wife and kids to like Walleye's! That would be a perfect spot to meet up brotha!
Twin O/B Sonic (05-27-2024)
Old 05-27-2024, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,880 Likes on 734 Posts

You’re on.

Im struggling w/a time, place, help to test to know anything on the 20” motors yet.

It ran great w/the 25’s but I think it can/will run better w/the 20’s.

The set up for the hull changes so drastically by speed, that a small reservoir is PIA.

Had a dock reserved at Kelley’s for this weekend but the starboard motor fought me until mid day Friday when my wife surprised me w/ a reservation at our favorite water front cottage and we pulled the plug on the boat and left it home.

On the VRO’s, I am a big advocate.

For our 9 yrs in Fla, I bought every blown up 200 HP and up, OMC looper I could find in Fla to rebuild and sell.

ZERO of them died from a faulty VRO.

”Experts” blamed the VRO and were wrong.

IMO, if owners/dealers did better preventative maint of our 2 stroke OB’s, there would be no 4 stroke OB’s, except for the EPA.

I turned the stock 225 7400+ on my 100+ mph STV every time out, w/the VRO in operation, w/zero issues.

I am collecting parts for a hot rod, OMC V-8 that will make 400+ HP @ 7K+ and I will run two VRO’s on it.

The oil tanks in my Convincor are 3 Gls so they only need filled every 5 or 6 tanks of fuel.

I also built elec fuel primers so you push a button at the helm instead squeezing a bulb under the back seat to prime the motors.

As close to zero drama as I can get w/carb’d 2 strokes.

Ive blown up plenty of OMC loopers, zero from faulty oil injection pumps.

BTW, this is the look you get after spending half a day trouble shooting and finally solving the problem!

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Hey Gary,
Great update, Real curious on what differences the 20" mids made. The more I run my boat, the more I think I need to do the same.... I was surprised toread you still have the VRO pumps. I would have thought you would have deleted those out. I remember those being a weak point on OMC's design/strategy. Regardless, the rigs looks awesome.. I plan on being back in August, monday to monday, the 19th to the 26th. Gonna tow back and boat all week. Probably will have to do one day at the point for the kids. If your up, I we gotta meet up. The wife and kids to like Walleye's! That would be a perfect spot to meet up brotha!

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 05-27-2024 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2024, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 378 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
You’re on.

Im struggling w/a time, place, help to test to know anything on the 20” motors yet.

It ran great w/the 25’s but I think it can/will run better w/the 20’s.

The set up for the hull changes so drastically by speed, that a small reservoir is PIA.

Had a dock reserved at Kelley’s for this weekend but the starboard motor fought me until mid day Friday when my wife surprised me w/ a reservation at our favorite water front cottage and we pulled the plug on the boat and left it home.

On the VRO’s, I am a big advocate.

For our 9 yrs in Fla, I bought every blown up 200 HP and up, OMC looper I could find in Fla to rebuild and sell.

ZERO of them died from a faulty VRO.

”Experts” blamed the VRO and were wrong.

IMO, if owners/dealers did better preventative maint of our 2 stroke OB’s, there would be no 4 stroke OB’s, except for the EPA.

I turned the stock 225 7400+ on my 100+ mph STV every time out, w/the VRO in operation, w/zero issues.

I am collecting parts for a hot rod, OMC V-8 that will make 400+ HP @ 7K+ and I will run two VRO’s on it.

The oil tanks in my Convincor are 3 Gls so they only need filled every 5 or 6 tanks of fuel.

I also built elec fuel primers so you push a button at the helm instead squeezing a bulb under the back seat to prime the motors.

As close to zero drama as I can get w/carb’d 2 strokes.

Ive blown up plenty of OMC loopers, zero from faulty oil injection pumps.

BTW, this is the look you get after spending half a day trouble shooting and finally solving the problem!

Duuuude! You definitely have that figured out, I agree maintenance is key but that goes without saying with boats. I dig the older OMC’s, I think your spot on, I looked back in my pms, I got you cell, I will reach out as we get closer!
Twin O/B Sonic (05-28-2024)