Quick Facts On The Fountain Kilo Boat And Engines

Notices

Quick Facts On The Fountain Kilo Boat And Engines

Old 02-22-2018, 12:01 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,750 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Default Quick Facts On The Fountain Kilo Boat And Engines

With the second test session of the Fountain kilo boat on tap today, here's a closer look at the V-bottom and its engines, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...at-and-engines.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really think that they'll pull this off. I know everybody is concerned with the safety of the pilot and co-pilot but it seems that if one is going to get out of shape in a large kilo boat, this would be the safest boat to do it in. Is this an actual break-away capsule similar to what drag boats use?
Old 02-22-2018, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Looking forward to Sunday's results and pray for the safety of the crew on board. It would be an awesome story to see Fountain take back the Kilo record. Michael Fiore (rip) accomplished quite the feat with his Outerlimits in beating Reggie's old record!
Old 02-22-2018, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

They are bringing a Big gun to a gun fight! God with them while hanging that monster out!
Old 02-22-2018, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Did Harris bow out also?
Old 02-22-2018, 12:57 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,750 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
Did Harris bow out also?
Unless something has changed between yesterday and today, no. As reported in yesterday's story, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...o-for-saturday, Reggie Fountain, III, and Billy Moore planned to run the boat in testing in advance of Jeff Harris getting into the cockpit. If Jason Johnson or I learn of any changes we can confirm we will report them immediately.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

God be with those brave men. Hope they have no wind.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:37 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

a 41 pitch prop! wow!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm sorry, but this is a "death" wish to hit 200mph...they would never survive if they fall off balance - capsule or not, too much g-force.

There's absolutely no skill at this speed, it's 100% luck with a single-point running surface...
the FLIGHT CLUB Skater is the ultimate setup and was "borderline" stable at close to this same speed, and it has the stability of two sponsons!
Not saying they won't get lucky and pull this off, but cheating death has happened on several occasions....godspeed!

RIP: Donald Campbell. Lee Taylor. Craig Arfons. Micke Fiore. Garth Tagge. Jim Melley. And way too many others.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-22-2018 at 02:56 PM. Reason: All kinds of places on the web to find tragic videos, no need for OSO to be another.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
I'm sorry, but this is a "death" wish to hit 200mph...they would never survive if they fall off balance - capsule or not, too much g-force.

There's absolutely no skill at this speed, it's 100% luck with a single-point running surface...
the FLIGHT CLUB Skater is the ultimate setup and was "borderline" stable at close to this same speed, and it has the stability of two sponsons!
Not saying they won't get lucky and pull this off, but cheating death has happened on several occasions....godspeed!

RIP: Donald Campbell. Lee Taylor. Craig Arfons. Micke Fiore. Garth Tagge. Jim Melley. And way too many others.

What in the muk compelled you to post a video of two of our own perishing. Effing stupid.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-22-2018 at 02:56 PM. Reason: vid removed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.