After Short Day, Fountain Coming Back For Kilo Record Attempt Tomorrow

Notices

After Short Day, Fountain Coming Back For Kilo Record Attempt Tomorrow

Old 02-28-2018, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

And the quest for the record continues! speedonthewater.com

160 mph practice run this morning.

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 02-28-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Did the outlimits truly have stock 1650’s? Or were they 1750’s,,,,,, maybe more who knows. I am sure no one wants to say.

Same when speeds used to be given with “stock” 700 mercs. No one would ever say if they had a Whipple kit on them.

But it doesn’t matter this is a speed record, bring whatever power you want. OL has that for now, doesn’t matter production boat or not. It’s theirs.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
1) Good business plan means having people involved that gets results (same reason why Reggie had Peter/Skater lay up Fountain race hulls as they were littering the race courses with sections of hulls for a time period)... same reason why the likes of JT and Gilbreath have/ (retired) renowned careers - they get results that people pay for

2) From the way the post reads, it's a no-brainer that this kilo-boat should have gone to Brian as well...? just goes to show Reggie had the right person in his shop. As far as hull mods the the OL, I know a lot of people that dropped serious $$ on blueprinting a hull for a few extra top end MPH on weekend boats. A kilo challenger is in its own world.

3) chances are in Fountain's favor to break 181 - HP difference in a good hull should give them the advantage if they can get the set up right -should have an encyclopedia on this hull's sweet spots even with the few mods they put into it without having to take monster swings at set-up. When first reported the boat ran 150 at half throttle, I thought it was going to be a 1 and done attempt with the monster Sterlings
IMO you are right about that - if Brain was in charge of this project I have no doubt they would have already broken the record - easily. I don't live in NC but my Comp was totally refurbished there. No way to verify this but I've been told by several that Brain has gone faster in Cat Killer than he did in the OL kilo boat - and the CK boat had like 300 HP per side less than the current kilo boat.

I'm a Reggie fan and am rooting for them to pull of a safe Kilo run but it is obvious that with the power they have on hand vs what Cat Killer had they should be crushing the Kilo record instead of struggling to meet or beat it. In time I have faith that they will figure it out and pull it off.

Last edited by Marginmn; 02-28-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Whatever happened to Cat KiIller?
Old 02-28-2018, 10:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
IMO you are right about that - if Brain was in charge of this project I have no doubt they would have already broken the record - easily. I don't live in NC but my Comp was totally refurbished there. No way to verify this but I've been told by several that Brain has gone faster in Cat Killer than he did in the OL kilo boat - and the CK boat had like 300 HP per side less than the current kilo boat.

I'm a Reggie fan and am rooting for them to pull of a safe Kilo run but it is obvious that with the power they have on hand vs what Cat Killer had they should be crushing the Kilo record instead of struggling to meet or beat it. In time I have faith that they will figure it out and pull it off.
this is a true story
Old 02-28-2018, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ftpanther
it’s in Trinidad
Old 02-28-2018, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Brian is a good guy to do business with, and humble. The times I've been down there he always had a few boats he was dialing in... never acted like it was a big deal, just pull the boat out and go test for a bit.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ftpanther
not killing cats in Trinidad...
Old 02-28-2018, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

can anyone answer a question for me... why does the APBA site still show Fountain as the record holder of the "outlaw perfromance extreme vee" at 171.004 from 2004 and there's no mention of outerlimits anywhere on their website ?? http://www.apba.org/node/5803
Old 02-28-2018, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...ba-record-book

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.