Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who wants to go to Bahamas for 4 or 5 days aboard Team PREDATOR ? >

Who wants to go to Bahamas for 4 or 5 days aboard Team PREDATOR ?

Notices

Who wants to go to Bahamas for 4 or 5 days aboard Team PREDATOR ?

Old 03-04-2018, 12:38 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,755 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Now there ….. I have your attention. LOL

I am willing to take the eventual purchaser of my 50’ Nor Tech, Team PREDATOR along with 3 or 4 of his guests on a guided 4 or 5 day trip though the Bahamas this spring. The idea is to give the new owner a good chance to get familiar with the features and operation of the boat, get some experience navigating through the Islands as well as demonstrate the confidence I still have in the boat and it’s capabilities. I will cover the fuel costs and my own accommodations and the new owner and his crew will look after their accommodations or can stay on the boat. This a great opportunity to swim and dive the gorgeous Bahamian waters, feed the iguanas, swim with the sharks and turtles and swim in the Thunderball Grotto, or just walk the pink sand beaches of Harbour Island.

Team PREDATOR is an amazing boat for these type of trips and has been in 22 countries from CAN to the north, MX to the west and Eastern Caribbean to the south. She has been extremely well maintained and has a lot of life in her yet ! It is also a great poker run boat as long as you don’t expect to be first to a card stop unless the water is really big ! LOL At Boyne Thunder a few years ago we were 4th to the first card stop in 6 ft + seas before the event was cancelled. It is just a lot of fun to load up the boat with a lot of friends and have great day on the water or if at a fun run or poker run arrive safely in the middle of the pack.

Some may know that I have ordered a new 42’ Mystic CC for July delivery and this makes both Team PREDATOR and my 38’ Statement CC expendable. While there is a bit of room to move on the price yet, my plan if TP does not sell by June is to bring it back to CAN and keep here permanently as a Great Lakes boat and leave the new Mystic in Florida year round and avoid all the hauling back and forth each year.

Here is link to my Flickr album of Team PREDATOR pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130630...57660894237578

Here is a link to the Team PREDATOR listing on OSO: https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...00-o71780.html

Here is a listing to the Statement listing on OSO: https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...80-o71993.html

Enjoy,

Bob
To sweeten the deal, Speed On The Water will produce a digital magazine feature on the adventure and include it in the "Best Of" section of our 2018 Year In Review issue.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chased this boat down the 400 late last year, drooling all over my jeans...but outa my snack bracket...good luck with the sale and the comprehensive sea trial.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Almost 1100 hours on those diesels is a lot of boating! You still managed to get over 100 hours a year in with Predator despite having other boats! I love the 50 NT's and the ASD/diesel combo is a sweet spot for speed and durability. I'd love to continue your endeavors with that boat but for me it would just be multiple trips to the Bahamas!

Any drawings of the new boat's paint scheme? Is that going to be a triple or quad 400?
No drawings just yet JS. I just sent them Friday 2 color schemes I like so they will start work on a design etc soon. I'm planning on a plant visit early in the week of March 12th so will get a lot of things settled then.

On the engine package it will definitely be quads but have been really torn on whether they be 350 or 400's. I'm leaning more towards the 350's more for practical reasons than anything. It is far easier to get regular fuel for the 350's than the higher octanes that the 400 likes especially when I go to Bahamas or down to Turks, and the other thing from a practical perspective at this point in my life is I'm quite happy to chug along at the 78 max speed the 350's will deliver vs the 84 MPH for the 400's. On these open CC's your going to feel some wind even with the deflectors. I like to spoil my crew and have them ride in comfort. Sometimes it's less fun to be practical. I just don't know.

Bob
Old 03-04-2018, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Bob, good luck with the sale and the new purchase.

Just for the few that don't know how wide Bob's adventures take him, a few years back Bob almost raced with Bobby Saccenti and myself in the Around Ireland Race.

The plan was to take Team Predator and ship it over by ship to Southampton .....and then run over to the starting point in Ireland.

Full sponsorship was promised, BUT not delivered and Bob went back to small runs like the Cancun run.

I was a guest of Bob's on a poker run with the FMO group and can say, Team Predator is a beautiful boat with plenty of go when you need it, especially in the real water offshore.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Bob, good luck with the sale and the new purchase.

Just for the few that don't know how wide Bob's adventures take him, a few years back Bob almost raced with Bobby Saccenti and myself in the Around Ireland Race.

The plan was to take Team Predator and ship it over by ship to Southampton .....and then run over to the starting point in Ireland.

Full sponsorship was promised, BUT not delivered and Bob went back to small runs like the Cancun run.

I was a guest of Bob's on a poker run with the FMO group and can say, Team Predator is a beautiful boat with plenty of go when you need it, especially in the real water offshore.
Nice to hear from you Charlie. I was so disappointed when the Ireland sponsorship fell through. You did your part and I thank you for that. From Irelend I was planning on sending it to the Med and boat around there for rest of that summer. So much planning went into it which in itself was fun. I considered doing without a sponsor but at the end of the day I could not justify doing.

All the best to you Charlie.

Bob
Old 03-08-2018, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Bob,

The 400's will adjust spark timing with 89 octane and produce 350HP safely with the lower octane.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Bob,

The 400's will adjust spark timing with 89 octane and produce 350HP safely with the lower octane.
Question: So if 89 octane makes 350 HP and 91 octane makes 400 hp does 90 octane make 375 hp or still kick it back to 350 ? As you know Kevin, 90 octane ethanol is readily available at most marina's in SW Florida.

Bob
Old 03-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 3,021 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Tank I've ordered a new 42' Mystic for July delivery. I'll get out of the sport the day I die ...... or run out of money. LOL

BTB
NICE!!! Congrats!
Old 07-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob I have followed ALOT of the stories on this boat, its a dream. Good luck with the sale, and the new CC
Old 07-19-2018, 03:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mittens
Bob I have followed ALOT of the stories on this boat, its a dream. Good luck with the sale, and the new CC
Thank you. As yet the boat has not sold. The new Mystic will be finished in the next 3 weeks and will be sent to Marco Island. I took another $ 20 K off the asking price of Team PREDATOR last week and is now at $ 249,900.00. This is a turn key boat that has been well cared for and had many upgrades in recent years. I have it here in Canada for the summer on the Great Lakes. Here are the listing details for anyone interested: https://doublerperformance.com/produ...nly-249900-usd

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.