Notices

Loto 2018

Old 03-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loto 2018

F14 and I will be trailering a friends boat to LOTO this year for the Shootout. Our friends that own the boat are staying at Camden. F14, my wife and I are staying at Alhonna since Camden was sold out. I know the water gets big but we are used to big water and ocean boating. Our buddy who owns the boat will be participating in the Shootout and a few photo shoots so F14 and I will have some down time. What places are must see/do while we are there? None of us have ever spent any time on LOTO and we are really looking forward to it. I believe the 5 of us are doing the Poker Run on Friday in their boat. Thanks for any input.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Street Party at the dam Wednesday night, PBC open house Thursday night, Friday late morning at Dick's when the poker runners come in, Friday early afternoon at Ron's, Friday late afternoon/early evening at Dog Days.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Registered

Make sure you come by Performance Boat Center and Redhead Lakeside Grill!! www.performanceboatcenter.com and Redhead Lakeside Grill

Brett
Old 03-13-2018, 08:38 AM
ben
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
Street Party at the dam Wednesday night, PBC open house Thursday night, Friday late morning at Dick's when the poker runners come in, Friday early afternoon at Ron's, Friday late afternoon/early evening at Dog Days.
Add Super Cat Fest on Saturday night at Horny Toad to this list and you've got a hell of a week!
Old 03-13-2018, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ben View Post
Add Super Cat Fest on Saturday night at Horny Toad to this list and you've got a hell of a week!
We planned on the street fair, PB center, & Super Cat fest. Thanks
Old 03-13-2018, 01:37 PM
Registered

Since you are staying at Alhonna, you might also want to run up the Gravois to check out Coconuts if you are looking for an on-water establishment with a pool. Same with Backwater Jacks at the 17.5MM main channel. Redhead also has a pool.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:03 PM
Registered

I realize everything is by mile markers, are they easily seen or any tricks to spotting mile markers?
Old 03-13-2018, 04:10 PM
ben
Registered

Buy a map, there's no markers on the shore. Look at the lake and places you want to go on Google earth beforehand and mark them on your map. There's enough landmarks, bridges, big coves, ect to keep track of where your going if you do a little studying beforehand.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
I realize everything is by mile markers, are they easily seen or any tricks to spotting mile markers?
There are mile marker however they can be hard to spot.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
Map of lake is a big help. I figured out everything way before GPS with just a large paper map that you can get pretty much anywhere down there (or used to be able to). You will use MM and in a lot of cases, cove (most have names) in order to figure out where an establishment resides. Places like Coconuts and Dog Days do not sit in coves so lake arm and MM will get you there whereas places like Redhead and Backwater Jacks are tucked back in coves off the main channel so you need to know the MM and cove in order to locate them. Easy to get the lay of the land quickly after a day or two.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser