Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder! >

Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

Notices

Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

Old 10-26-2002, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks clay. i wanted people to see some postive feedback and to know that there are a few good builders out there.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'll second that about Bob and Full Throttle Marine. Again, he's got mine in his shop right now! I know I'm not near as far away from Bob as some people that will be making the trip for winter projects, but I pulled mine from DFW!

He's got some great winterization specials. Depending on which special you go with, you can drop her off this fall/winter and when you take her out in the spring, she could be running 10-15 MPH faster!
Old 10-26-2002, 11:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally posted by DanL
Any of you Lake Traviss guys familiar with a boating accident some time ago? The boat was a 34 Super Hawaii that possibly ran aground and there were fatalities? Maybe 3-4 years back?
I heard of a 42 or so apache running aground with motors wfo until they burned up
Old 10-26-2002, 11:05 AM
Registered

the apache was a 36 that ran aground this may during a poker run. no one was hurt badly.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

thats some scary $hit
Old 10-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Apache incident happened right down from my house. It wasn't during the poker run, but after when the owners were on their way back home. They hooked the boat in a turn at high speed and ejected everyone out of the boat. No kill switch lanyard are life jackets. Fortunately the boat just ran ashore and smoked the enginess. Help arrived quickly and got the people out of the water with no injuries. Really lucky. Sure reminded me to wear my lanyard when running hard. I don't remember anything about the other accident mentioned. Seems like there is a serious one every couple of years. Usually folks running at night after partying all day and running aground at speed.

Last edited by bobl; 10-26-2002 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:14 PM
Tejas Raz

Been off for a while but was told of this thread.

The quote that L.D. is a Crew Chief for a SuperCat isn't true.

He WAS Crew Chief... until he was dismissed early in the season for adding unauthorized costs to the racing effort of said SuperCat team. Wouldn't get on the same page according to the 1st hand source who told me himself during the Corpus Christi race weekend.

DredgeKing: Wish it werent' true! Unfortunately know others who've spent gobs of $$ with him and he doesn't treat them very well either. Takes forever to do the work mostly. Some of his motors have lasted long time, others... not long at all.

Brad Perry: Thanks for telling your experiences too and offering info about your builder. Might need it sometime and know others who might wish they'd have known earlier too. Thanks.

Scott

Old 10-30-2002, 06:17 PM
Registered

tejas i had also heared that he is no longer a crew chief. at the time he WAS the crew chief.