Looking for info on this Pantera >

Looking for info on this Pantera

Notices

Looking for info on this Pantera

Old 03-30-2018, 10:06 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been boatless since I sold this boat and have not been on OSO for years. Got a PM from Solderslaz on an old email I rarely check asking about the boat , so I jumped on to see what's up. Here you go, this is the original thread from 11 years ago when I bought it from Shogren. It's an awesome boat, in fact my all time favorite ......... and I have had some really nice boats. It was unloved in it's first 4 years with 3 different owners, and barely used. Probably because it was overpowered and scary to drive with the 540 intercooled blower motor it was built with. Jo said it went 93 when new with the single motor, pretty impressive .... but remember it's built without a liner so it's hundreds of pounds lighter than a regular 28.

I did a lot of work on it as you can see in the thread, I domesticated it for my family with a 502ci 568 pounds torque Ateco engine, and had five carefree years with it. In fact I feel like I rescued it from a bad path.

It wasn't for sale but Stormrider wanted it really badly, and made me an offer that I couldn't refuse. It was quite a story and adventure, and a hell of a lot of fun.

Read on ........ 28 Pantera at Shogren.....

Last edited by mikeb4; 03-30-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=getchasum111;4618569]dang...care to explain rather than just through the guy under the bus like that.[/QUOTE

The pictures of the boat on OSO were not an accurate representation of the boat. I was new to boating so I didn't know what to look for. The exhaust had been swapped out from the sale pictures. In addition, the thermostat was removed because if water pressure got too high, the engine pushed massive amounts of oil because the build was so bad. The engine that MikeB4 had in was removed while in New York and some half ass engine was thrown in. I now know what to look for and have learned a lot from this experience. In a sense, I learned the hard way and continued to concrete my belief that you cannot trust anyone. How unfortunate because I've met so many honest and genuine people in the boating community, but my first experience was horrible.