Highest quality boat build >

Highest quality boat build

Like Tree68Likes

Highest quality boat build

Old 04-04-2018, 09:33 PM
Lip-Ship- Grafikworx Glad
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
haha......you can't win in a thread like this!

The enclosed head on that boat got used every weekend

On a performance boat? That is not only gross, I would have to total that boat and give it a bad Boatfax.

Last edited by pm203; 04-04-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: 27 ZR

Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
On a performance boat? That is not only gross, I would have to total that boat and give it a bad Boatfax.
Funny how two people can read the same thing but interpret it differently. I read the above, ("The enclosed head on that boat got used every weekend") omitted the unnecessary words and was left with "got head on that boat every weekend".

sprsptr likes this.

Last edited by rak rua; 04-05-2018 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:57 AM
Registered

My Boat: 2000 33 Scarab AVS

Originally Posted by rak rua View Post

Funny how two people can read the same thing but interpret it differently. I read the above, omitted the unnecessary words and was left with "got head on that boat every weekend".

Now that there, would make for a VERY high quality boat Put me on the purchase list, because I never owned a boat THAT good!
Gimme Fuel and rak rua like this.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:07 AM
Registered

My Boat: 2000 Cigarette Tiger-Zul 1000's

Hey rak rua, I had a slightly different modified interpretation -" Got enclosed weekend head on that boat" Clearly our thought process is significantly flawed!
rak rua likes this.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one View Post
That's all true...because in the 3+ years I ran the boat, the head was never used (not even with 3 women to Key West) and my Gladiator doesn't even have a cabin (nor do most cats).
I really don't think a "decent head" is something Cig isn't "able to build", I believe they simply choose not to make it a priority.
To each his own, if I had little kids or a wife with an overactive bladder and needed an performance bathroom, it would be a different story...
The highest quality boat build is the one that stands the test of time.

Originally Posted by pm203 View Post

Yeah it was a 38 Powerplay......the one that OSO Steve bought and subsequently took offshore on a big day to attempt to knock the flatscreen tv off the wall.....it didn't happen! Cashbar was on the boat that day and can attest to the build quality of the 38 Powerplay!

The head was a flushing ceramic toilet and the shower was in the enclosed head so the compartment was actually really clean after the kids took a shower. They would hit the sandbar for 5-6 hours and they would get home in about 40 minutes so the kids would be cleaned up and in their pajamas when he got back to the dock. By the time the boat was washed/flushed the kids were already sleeping! It was the same thing in the Bahamas. They could sleep aboard but they used it more as a day boat and booked rooms along the way.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Registered

Pretty reasonable explanation and seems like a practical solution for the kids.

Last edited by sprsptr; 04-05-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Registered

I don't understand why folks get all cranky about a head being used as intended,yet have minimal issues about lying down on a cabin "Sin Pad" (Bunk). We all know what takes place on those through the years! LOL! If the owner of the craft is diligent with cleaning and sanitizing, what's the problem? I for one know I have used plenty of more notorious facilities when out on the Harley, or just making time in a multi state tow to the water. When you gotta go, you gotta go!
Wildman_grafix likes this.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Registered

Sounds like a higher quality head than most builders are using. There was a period of time where we had minimal considerations for personal comfort in the name of speed. The influx of loaded, comfortable C/C's is unquestionably skewing the market back to family friendly activities at the expense of ultimate speed. Not bad, just different.

Last edited by sprsptr; 04-05-2018 at 02:38 PM. Reason: double post