Advice on O/B powered boats under 27ft >

Advice on O/B powered boats under 27ft

Notices

Advice on O/B powered boats under 27ft

Old 03-31-2018, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Advice on O/B powered boats under 27ft

Been out of the hobby for awhile, but ready to get back in.. Looking at what would be the best boat to get next. I live on the north shore of Long Island, so the water can either be very calm or rough as hell depending on the day.

Can anyone give me some insight about the 21' Checkmate Starflite? Looking at one on the FB marketplace.
In addition, any O/B powered boat up to 27ft I would love some insight on. Not ready to buy anything yet, but with the coming season, there will be lots for sale. Not looking to buy new though, or spend as much so if I got something that needs a little tlc, it is ok.

Other boats that interest me are Challenger, Superboat, Progression etc. What I need in a boat that size is a storage area or small cabin, seating for at least 4 people comfortably, and can go in the 70-75mph range.
Thanks!
Old 04-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 22 velocity with twin outboards I'm selling. If your looking for a smaller style boat this boat is great in the ruff. But you have to understand every foot makes a big difference. You cant compare 21-22 foot boats to a 27 foot boat. Totally different animal.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:31 AM
Registered

Received 183 Likes on 94 Posts

This is a nice riding boat, will cruise at 80mph all day. It’s always good to buy a little more than desired with a boat IMHO. That way you don’t upgrade for a while.

2018 Hustler Talon powerboat for sale in Pennsylvania
Old 04-01-2018, 07:09 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 850 Likes on 312 Posts

I boat in basically the same waters, my friend and member here had a Checkmate he ran here for a year, thing busted into a million pieces after time. You're better off with the Long Island boats like Progression, Superboat, Kryp, they were made for these waters and hold up as expected. 21' is a bit small too, 27-28 tough boat will be fine.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

You guys don’t remember Sam and his stories prior to him getting away from the sport a while...? thought this was an April fools post.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 850 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
You guys don’t remember Sam and his stories prior to him getting away from the sport a while...? thought this was an April fools post.
Think I do now...mini hawk?
Old 04-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Find yourself an outboard powered 23/27 Kryptonite, 24/27 Progression or 24 Superboat and you cant go wrong.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
No April fools here, haha. Don't really post here anymore, if anything a "like" here and there. Not really into boating as much but just looking for something possibly for the upcoming season. Not too dead set on getting something yet, just gathering info.