Notices

Gel color

Old 04-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gel color

Does anyone happen to know the exact gel color of this boat or a similar boat color gel code? https://www.speedonthewater.com/new-...akedown-cruise

Last edited by risco; 04-09-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:49 PM
Registered

I’d call Skater. I expect they’d be pleased to tell you.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 773 Likes on 219 Posts

Any Skater you see that is any color other than white, has been painted. Every Skater gets the same white gel coat sprayed in the mold before they are laid up. That 338 was painted years ago, Skater will not have any paint code to help you with. The best way to choose a color for your boat is to find a color you like on a car - any paint shop can look up the paint code by make, model, year and color.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:13 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Skater30
Any Skater you see that is any color other than white, has been painted. Every Skater gets the same white gel coat sprayed in the mold before they are laid up. That 338 was painted years ago, Skater will not have any paint code to help you with. The best way to choose a color for your boat is to find a color you like on a car - any paint shop can look up the paint code by make, model, year and color.
yep . . . i actually tell people to drive through a few new car lots and look at colors. All you need is the year and make and most times i can nail a color with just that info.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Skater30
thank you for the information. I know the complex boat are paints but assumed the one color boats were gel. That’s funny you say that about picking a car you like I actually want it to Match my truck.