Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Horrible experience  Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore >

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Notices

Horrible experience Chief engines, Precision Power Offshore

Old 05-14-2018, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

As a small business owner, I completely understand the downside of social media . It seems the public is all too ready to believe nearly any complaint about a business that is posted by an unhappy customer. The business owner is then in a no win situation.

I have personally used Ben's as the only shop to work on my boats. He rebuilt and tuned my 1700 twin turbo engine in my 30' Checkmate . I ran that boat at 1700 hp for over 2 years. He's done all the work on my 43' Checkmate as well.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

The story just doesn't add up. There was nothing wrong with the motors to begin with but Ben couldn't set the timing? Ben spent days calling people and googling stuff yet when I googled it there were tons of links in less than a second. Ben is very knowledgeable therefore it doesn't add up.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I have no dog in this fight. But, I do have to comment on my observations of posts like this. When people post a bad experience but don't want to mention the other party's name, then they get flamed. And when they do mention the other party's name, they also get flamed.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will set the record straight on several things. Ben THOUGHT HE set the timing rite. When the timing was all over the place he was looking for things that could cause that to happen and spent days and days and days trying all kinds of things that he read or googled or what ever. All the time the problem is that he did not set the timing the rite way. The way he did it was wrong. He never did the SYNC timing to the ECU procedure. The ECU never knew where the distributor was therefore it was all over the place. I leaned this in the first ten minutes at Steve Morris Engines when we began the dyno pre-run check list.. Steve showed me how it's done. It's also the first step in BEFORE YOU START YOUR ENGINE IN THE HOLLY MANUAL.
So some of you have asked me or said well "if your engines already ran" or "why didn't you set your timing" or why did Ben have to set the timig?". or what ever, Think about this. When you take your engine to a SUPPOSEDLY EFI EXPERT DYNO TUNER, you expect him to adjust the timing rite? I mean an EFI DYNO tune is all about TIMING SETTING and fuel curve rite? THE GUY SHOULD KNOW HOW TO SYNC A DISTRIBUTOR if he's advertising EFI dyno tuning.

And for all of you Ben sympathizers put your self in my shoes. For those who feel that Ben deserves to be paid for the labor he spent trying to figure out the problem think about this. YOU TOOK YOUR ENGINE to a shop hundreds of miles AWAY FROM YOUR HOME. Stayed nights in a hotel The shop tells you that YOUR DISTRIBUTORS ARE WRONG and you spend half the day traveling to SPEND NEARLY $1000 for distributors THAT HE CANT GET TO WORK EITHER. Finally the guy gives up and want's you to spend the weekend so he can try more things AND call OTHER PEOPLE meanwhile the costs are going UP AND UP AND UP.

So you leave and go to ANOTHER SHOP. He points out what was causing the problem in TEN MINUTES. The OTHER GUY NEVER SYNCED THE DISTRIBUTOR that ended up causing you DAYS AND DAYS AWAY FROM your family and office AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS how would you feel?

So my question is? SHOULD THE FIRST SHOP DESERVE TO BE PAID FOR HIS TIME FOR BEING INCOMPENTANT and taking on a job that was clearly over his head? WHAT ABOUT THE HOTEL BILLS? WHAT ABOUT THE DISTRIBUTORS he improperly diagnosed? Should he be held responsible?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Well you said you started and ran the engines on the stand,,,so if you started them, By your cap locked statement, you must have synced them right??
Old 05-14-2018, 10:03 PM
Registered

No I didn't . I used one of the Holley base calls. I am not familiar with EFI. That's why I went to someone who said they were an expert with EFI and could do the setup and dyno tune the engines. I wanted to learn from an EFI expert. After spending a day with Steve Morris I learned so much about Holley EFI. Now I have a good understand how it works. But I am no where near an expert with a lap top. The EFI stuff is dangerous if you do not know what your doing especially with this much suppercharged HP.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

It amazes me that anyone could believe Janet's lies. Especially when there are multiple in her very own post thoughout this thread!!!

Lets start with the first obvious red flag.......1250HP!!!???

Please reply if you believe this number
Old 05-14-2018, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

And this is coming from Janet who owned the "largest speed shop" in Michigan for almost 40years.....

Written here in her own words

https://pridesource.com/article/18881/

Last edited by Griff; 05-15-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:59 PM
Registered

You are trying to hijack my post. I am not going to argue your point. Makes no sense. I said at Steve Morris Engines dynoed with just over 7 lbs of boost 1131 hp. I plan on upping the boost to 10 or more lbs. A 600 cid supperchanrged engine can make 1250 Hp. Sterling does that with less cu inches. I call them 1250's because I expect to get there. Stop calling me liar about what ever hp my engines make has nothing to do with the post. Your just a trouble maker. Anyone reading this can see that rite a way.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:03 PM
Registered

Yes OWNED. Key word Owned. I am retired 8 years. 40 Years of experience. EFI was not at all popular to Drag racing or circle track racing or boats back then dummy. And it's obvious that your homophobic and a bully and a baser. People now see you for what you are. Mean and hateful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.