Notices

LED Bravo Trim Indicators

Old 04-29-2018, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Bravo Trim Indicators

Hello all-
After having one indicator cable needing replaced and the other one with a plunger out of round, I'm considering going to an led indicator gauge. This would be a stock 1990 setup on a formula 292 sr1. Since the limit switches do operate normally, I'll assume there will be a secondary wire from the sender intended for a gauge? Since the boat was built with mechanical indicators, I'm wondering if this extra wire would be up at the dash or left back at the transom somewhere. Any links to an led or electro-mechanical indicator? Thanks.

Last edited by bigbang; 04-29-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Livorsi makes a very nice system but you are going to find that a $50 cable becomes very cheap all of sudden when you price out all the parts and pieces needed to make the system work. You are looking at around $2500 depending on your drives, tabs and gimbals and what sensors you have or do not have. Call Mike at Livorsi he can set you up.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Registered

Thanks. I looked at the Livorsi, great system, a little salty. CPperformance has a system for about $1500, that's a bit easier to swallow. I'm going to a a more modern dash in a year or so, and thinking I'd get a start with this since it needs repair anyway. I think there was another system I saw that was electro-mechancial (mechanical gauge, electronic sender), and it was a bit cheaper yet. But I guess back to my original thought about the sender wire....couldn't I get 2 basic analog trim gauges for the short term?

Last edited by bigbang; 05-01-2018 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Sender wires coming in off transom assembly look like black lamp cord, and are only a couple feet long, so if sender is already installed, look for that at/near transom inside. Sender uses ground, and a positive directly to back of analog indicator
Old 05-19-2018, 03:03 PM
Registered

Scarabman....yes, I see the lamp cord wrapped up on the transom on the port side of each engine. I'm thinking of getting some analog gauges for the short term as it looks like I'll have to pull all 4 indicator cables in order to complete a cable swap at the helm, and I eventually want to replace all that anyway with digital.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the cp digital drive indicator's, look nice but not as sensitive as the cable's, they will get you close.So i also installed mdc drive sync.I know the drives are moving up equally then just fine tune with the speedo and tach's.