Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Cumberland Racing? Where??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35472-lake-cumberland-racing-where.html)

Rick252 10-29-2002 06:21 AM

Re: Lake Cumberland Racing? Where???

Originally posted by Sssizzzle
After several trips to Lake Cumberland I have decided that in order to get a race at the dam, one must have to call in advance to get a race. After 10 different weekends, I have managed to get four races, an old Scarab, a Fountain, an Eliminator and one Profile. There are lots of boats that just sit there looking pretty but I think it would take an RSVP to get them out of their little circles and out to run. Come on guys start those engines, it's all in fun.
Hey Sssizzle, you can't blame me. I try to race everyone I come across. Just a few weeks ago I tried to get one going with a 28 Pantara. I just couldn't catch up with him to let him know we were racin. I think he was scared. :D :D ;)

mama tryed 10-29-2002 06:30 AM

Rick,,:D :D :D :D

ITLLFLI 10-29-2002 09:38 AM

What kind of power does that thing have? It looks sweet!

khadley 10-29-2002 10:07 AM

It has 575's with #6 drives they have more pics on lake cumberland marines website

orangecrush2 11-28-2002 10:51 AM

racing at the dam

sssizzzle, most of the people that i run with at grider hill
have mainly stock power in their boat (500's, 502's and so on)
i have built blower motors that have everything in them that i
can put in them. i know how fast my boat will run and racing
to tear up big dollar engines doesn't make alot of sense.
i like to race as much as the next guy, and occasionally i do race when i know someone doesn't have stock power. if you want to race sometime, stop and talk to me and i will find someone to race. i have the only orange 35 lightining fountain with flames custom paint job around the area at grider hill dock.
p.s. do you have built motors or are you running stock power?
see ya, orange crush 2

BORDERLINE36CAT 11-28-2002 12:33 PM

THANKS FOR BORDERLINE PIC'S

HEY, FLYINBRIAN, THANKS FOR THE PIC'S OF MY "BORDERLINE". AND, THANKS ITLLFLI, IT IS SWEET. BY THE WAY, I KNOW THE ORANGE CRUSH II, AND IT'S COOL TOO !

LPBoater 11-28-2002 02:01 PM

I always race - anytime - who cares about the stock market - it's closed on saturdays - if your worried about gas prices - get a sailboat. If it breaks - fix it. Let's race !!!!

LP

CigBoat 11-28-2002 03:15 PM

With all this talk of racing it sure makes me think that we are going to see more boats show up this year at the dam say six o'clock. Cant wait for spring:D

39 Unlimited 11-29-2002 07:30 AM

LP, spoken like a true dam racing professional..... You got to admit hot boaters, he makes some pretty good points. :D :D :D

39 Unlimited 11-29-2002 07:36 AM

Hey Orangecrush, beware of some boats with stock power, they just might surprise you.