Looking for ways to include people in our hobby

Notices

Looking for ways to include people in our hobby

Old 07-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 136 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Looking for ways to include people in our hobby

isn't always easy. This younger generation is not all wusses. I've gotta hand it to them. My son Dylan and my brothers son-in-law Heath layed it on the line on the 4th. My boats not 100% but I wouldn't have done it lol...

Old 07-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 228 Likes on 78 Posts

No, not all are wusses, but it's trending that way big time.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indy View Post
No, not all are wusses, but it's trending that way big time.
DITTO, the younger generations today are 90% useless, they are spoiled and non-appreciative!!!
Old 07-06-2018, 10:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 185 Likes on 96 Posts

If I was more computer literate I'd show you videos of my 4&6 year old water skiing the last two weekends. I'm doing my part to keep the next generation interested. They are both driving the boat and even docking the jet ski on the lift by themselves. 6 year old is upset he's only been able to see 52 mph on the ski.....

I tell them once a week - Life is one long horsepower war - We may not be winning but we're at least on the lead lap.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

From where I sit on Lake Washington there is a huge amount of youth participation in water sports. Have the faith as they are tired of their smart phones.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 136 Likes on 49 Posts

I think every generation is let down by the next generation. Itís like an American tradition lol. Can you imagine what the World War II vets thought of their next generation?? the protesters, hippies, and flower children?
Old 07-07-2018, 11:05 AM
SB
Registered

Received 614 Likes on 248 Posts

omg is boating by young one's resurged around here. at one of our hang out spots the other day, there must have been 30+ boats with just teens in them....and 60+ boats with young to mid 20 yr olds in them.

great to see !

=======================

BTW: I cannot wait until they get sick of wake surfing. Those big waves absolutely suck...especially when you have a smaller boat. LOL.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 93 Likes on 52 Posts

At my local on the Water restaurant and bar I am not seeing more young people but we are seeing more women driving boats and water lice.

Padraig
Old 07-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SB View Post

=======================

BTW: I cannot wait until they get sick of wake surfing. Those big waves absolutely suck...especially when you have a smaller boat. LOL.
Agreed. Iíve been dropping the K-planes and plowing when I have to go around them on the lake. Good for the goose, good for the gander.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 21 I currently own 25 baja outlaw that I everything from back bench up, new motor, wiring, transom, transom assy, etc. I also am the sole care taker and secondary driver of a 42 cig. Used to be the sole caretaker and sole driver of a 36 outlaw until that owner decided she didnt want a boat. I also work for Eglin doing marine operations. Oh and I also did 1.5 years racing OPA with Chris Reindl. So we arent all bad!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.