Sunglasses & Boating, Some Observations >

Sunglasses & Boating, Some Observations

Notices

Sunglasses & Boating, Some Observations

Old 07-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Thanks for all the cool info. I got my two pairs of sunglasses from Aeropostale. They are identical except one is polarizing and one is not. I'm leaving on vacation today but when I get back I will do a side by side comparison driving the boat on big water. These glasses are decent quality and look nice and only cost $12 and $7 so no big deal when I lose or break a pair.

I also keep a ziplock baggie on board with an assortment of men's and women's sunglasses for friends who forget to bring some.
spares are a great idea. there is always someone who forgets.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Polarized Oakley Crosshairs. Block wind great. I do have to look at screens at a different angle but I deal with it.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have "outfitted" many fish in the Chesapeake Bay. They be stylin. I use dark mirrored and don't have a problem. Have amber for dusk or dawn. Get them from China by the case. Works out to be around $10 ea. Usually have 3-4 pr on board all the time. Use them all day driving. Scarab III has a very good windscreen, don't get too much wind.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn

I have worn Solar Shield Fits-over for years when driving any of my fast boats. I can see great out of them and they totally block any wind from the eyes. They go right over my prescription glasses. I also have prescription sunglasses but the wind goes right around them if I am driving fast. The downside is that they are kinda big so they don't look as cool as normal sunglasses; however, they do sell them in mediums and they would look just fine if you don't need to go over glasses. I can't imagine trying to drive fast with wind in my eyes.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/so...875489-product
I just bought a pair of these tonight, haven’t worn them on the boat yet but the 15 minute drive home was amazing. Thanks for the recommendation.