Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sea Ray 350 2011 communication error 1000 >

Sea Ray 350 2011 communication error 1000

Like Tree0Likes

Sea Ray 350 2011 communication error 1000

Old 07-15-2018, 06:38 PM
Registered

Angry Sea Ray 350 2011 communication error 1000

For the second time in two years my generator has stopped working due to a 1000 error code. The Vessel view was replaced the first time and everything worked fine. This year we now have the same issue. The smart-craft vessel view gauges quit working after a storm and the generator as well. The Gauges suddenly started working but again no firing of the generator and showing the 1000 error code. First thought lightening impacted generator/smart-craft operation but now not so sure. Anyone have experience with this. Is it a Kohler generator issue or electronics? My insurance adjuster will want to know.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:14 PM
Registered

every time I have seen an error 1000 code it has been a bad generator remote or an issue with one of the plugs in the remote harness. None of the sea rays I have worked on have had the generator tied into the smart craft system, so I cant say there is another issue with your smart craft side
Old 07-16-2018, 07:57 AM
Registered

About 4 years ago, a client had his boat house hit by lightening. Boat sits on a cable lift and the skeg was in the water - wiped out every smart craft gauge and insurance replaced system.complete..

On another occasion, a former boss who went south to buy a marina/manage in Fl. had to call a client that he thought was away. as boat's generator was running in the marina. A strike can do crazy things from nothing to minimal to totally destroyed.