Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
When will you buy your LAST boat? >

When will you buy your LAST boat?

Notices

When will you buy your LAST boat?

Old 07-20-2018, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the bank account doesnt have gas money............then Ill just sit in it and make engine noises.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Actually this thread couldn't have come at a better time for me, it actually got me thinking, A LOT, i've had a range of boats over the years from v drive and jet boats to a Formula 400SS with 525s, but the 38' Cigarette was my favorite all around boat, it wasn't the best for everything but still for my style of boating it was great, if i hadn't had to pay off the ex i would still have it. So now i'm finally into a position to get another boat and the realization that this most likely will be my last performance boat has kind of hit me. i'm almost 60 but still haven't quite grown up. Now the question is do i just go for it and spend more than i planned and get a newer, faster, and just all around nicer boat, as i'm typing this i think ive kind of answered my own question. besides if i don't spend the money on a boat its just going to get wasted on something silly like savings or something stupid like that.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

At age 79 with an eighty mile per hour Donzi and a 165 mile per hour Ducati the question of when to start turning down the heat is there when I look in the mirror each morning. A judgement call needs to be personally made about your eyes, about your coordination, about your hunger for the speed feeling plus all the pain to keep the gear up.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

You gotta like that ^^^^. Respectfully, 79 is not young and you still ride a Ducati and take a Donzi for a spin. As long as your health is up there and you enjoy it, why stop?

RR

Old 07-23-2018, 06:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

This will certainly be my last HP boat. Will make the switch to the CC in next couple years.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

With my luck, the day before I bite the big one.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:50 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by wwahl
At age 79 with an eighty mile per hour Donzi and a 165 mile per hour Ducati the question of when to start turning down the heat is there when I look in the mirror each morning. A judgement call needs to be personally made about your eyes, about your coordination, about your hunger for the speed feeling plus all the pain to keep the gear up.
Friggin awesome! 61 and I have no intentions of stop doing what I like as long as my health holds out.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Great attitude! .... abilities and health go hand in hand, if you don't use it - you loose it. Stay active and enjoy....
Old 07-23-2018, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
You gotta like that ^^^^. Respectfully, 79 is not young and you still ride a Ducati and take a Donzi for a spin. As long as your health is up there and you enjoy it, why stop?

RR

Originally Posted by Indy
Friggin awesome! 61 and I have no intentions of stop doing what I like as long as my health holds out.
Originally Posted by speicher lane
Great attitude! .... abilities and health go hand in hand, if you don't use it - you loose it. Stay active and enjoy....
Folk's , it looks like the bar has been set @ 79, hope wwahl gets a lot more. :-)
Old 07-24-2018, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

I turned 74 back in March and sold the boat the same month. I was having a hard time justifying the costs of ownership including storage, well, transportation and a repower that wasn't working out plus finding a wet stringer and possibly more wet wood. Decided it was time to move on, 40+ years of boating was enough. I even posted my farewell here on OSO.

But then In April bought a small C.C., it's enough to get on the water and also allows us to explore the many smaller inland lakes in Northern Michigan and don't need a truck to pull it. I had truly forgotten how easy boating can be. Plus I still have the 60+mph iceboat for a real rush.

Reading all these posts I have one piece of advice for everyone wanting to boat as they get older. Don't spend retirement or kids college money on boats thinking you'll somehow recoup.
ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.