Old 07-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is up for auction, it ends today somebody should scoop it up

Old 07-20-2018, 02:04 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

i dont understand how they can say that the "vehicle starts" when they state there are no keys for it???

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-20-2018, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That’s a good point
Old 07-20-2018, 06:24 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

can not tell how boat owners would come in without their keys for service - at least 1000 no joke - we would use a wired hand held remote starter to start their engines without any keys So easy to do, a 5 min process..

And how many owners would come in with no gas in the tank and or no batteries or completely dead batteries.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
can not tell how boat owners would come in without their keys for service - at least 1000 no joke - we would use a wired hand held remote starter to start their engines without any keys So easy to do, a 5 min process..

And how many owners would come in with no gas in the tank and or no batteries or completely dead batteries.
I know a guy that brought in a 525 Top Gun for service at a sizable Mercury shop. He purposely pocketed the keys so there would be no joy riding. This shop had literally EVERY top brand boat in the barn, multiple 125+ MPH boats. They serviced the boat and ran it just to make sure everything was fixed. They did exactly what you mentioned above. Same guy years later was taking delivery of a new Ferrari. Gets off the highway to see his new Ferrari blow through the intersection while he was sitting at the light. So he rolls into the dealer "hot" for an explanation of what was going on. They said, "if you don't want the car you don't have to buy it".............he bought it anyway.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:18 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

man havent seen one of those in years. There was a brown and yellow/woodgrain one that sat behind a barn for years not to far outide Toledo here. Kind of a Hawiian daycruiser on steroids lol . . .

link to auction or other pics? i went to the website but could not find it
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 07-20-2018, 10:14 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I know a guy that brought in a 525 Top Gun for service at a sizable Mercury shop. He purposely pocketed the keys so there would be no joy riding. This shop had literally EVERY top brand boat in the barn, multiple 125+ MPH boats. They serviced the boat and ran it just to make sure everything was fixed. They did exactly what you mentioned above. Same guy years later was taking delivery of a new Ferrari. Gets off the highway to see his new Ferrari blow through the intersection while he was sitting at the light. So he rolls into the dealer "hot" for an explanation of what was going on. They said, "if you don't want the car you don't have to buy it".............he bought it anyway.
How about the motorcycle shops and test driving service bikes - dirt and street bikes -- can not tell you how times I have seen burn outs and wheelies from the service testing driver.

Alot of boat shops charge extra for no keys. min 25 to 100 bucks for no boat keys inwhich gets added to the bill - some shops when dead batteries or no batteries in the boat --- will make you buy a battery and charge for the install - most all shops all charge for shop gas 5 to 10 dollars bucks per gallon - 25 dollar min as well even if they only put in a gallon. Believe it or not still to this day I do not charge extra for these missing items -- Keys - gas -- batteries. I actually have the spare key sets for all Mercruisers and Volvo Penta keyed ignitions. Battery - I use my shop battery a know good one 1000 cranking amps and then pull it out when done. Unless the customer wants a new battery - I will go buy it and install. That is somewhat rare these days boat owners buying batteries from boat shops, So I do not stock batteries anymore. Huge waste of time and space for me. Plus you do not make any money with batteries.

Also some shops charged pulling off and back on for boat covers while servicing the boat. I know shops that will not even mess with your boat cover -- it stays off completely while in for service work.

Heck I charge zero for any of that plus when it rains - I am the one that spends half the day draining everyone boat covers completely dry. Boat owners do not know how easy and how good they have it with me compared to other shops.

Last edited by BUP; 07-20-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

See burn out stripes outside your repair shop and find a new place.

A buddy of mine used to work at Dodge as a service writer. Another service writer took a Black Mamba Viper (very limited edition) on a block long joy ride to bring to the back of the service bay and wrapped it around a utility pole. Sure the dealership will cover the losses but you can't just go pickup another one. For this reason I make arrangements to be with my vehicles during work.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:34 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

I talk my customers (especially old guys) into doing burnouts when they leave. Great for customer relations. love me for it.

BTW: Back to boat ignitions and keys. As a teenage I'd make decent money at our beach hot wiring boats for people that forgot there keys at home a state or more away. They'd be psyched and po'd (at the same time) how fast I could steal their boat if i wanted. "hey thanks kid !." " Hey ! Wait !" ha,ha, he, he
Old 07-23-2018, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When I hit the Powerball, I’m buying something like that.... 1350s and M8s. Exterior will be full Affliction, interior will be all Ed Hardy, white frame sunglasses and custom LifeLines with TapOut logos for all passengers. 50,000 watt system blaring that song from “Night at the Roxbury”.

Oh, and GlassDave on throttles. Happy Belated birthday, BTW.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.