Can someone tell me what im getting into here? Boat ID- Outboard cat >

Can someone tell me what im getting into here? Boat ID- Outboard cat

Notices

Can someone tell me what im getting into here? Boat ID- Outboard cat

Old 07-27-2018, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone tell me what im getting into here? Boat ID- Outboard cat

I came across this boat through a friend who owns properties. He got it from a tennent. Im a lifelong boater Center console V hulls, cruisers, you name it. Wanted to get into a little project eventually, and happened upon this... The problem is we have no idea what it is.. other then something on the helm panel says cobra 3000. It seems to be solid other then some soft spots in the deck. The cockpit needs to be refinished, seats, etc. Steering seems to be all connected and working although stiff (supposed to be semi stiff?), no hydro leaks etc. Needs controls and guages rigged, although the shift, throttle is all ran up to hull from motors.

The outboards seem to be EFI 2.5 mercs. Thats all i know. We are in NJ.... boat has no title. Will have to find a way to get one! Will i even need one...? Haha

What should I pay for this?

Thanks!!

Here are some pics...

Edit- I cant post pics until 10 posts.. so give me a couple minutes
Old 07-27-2018, 08:23 PM
Registered

Old 07-27-2018, 08:23 PM
Registered

Old 07-27-2018, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

From an earlier thread.

Originally Posted by cobra marty
They were built in NJ by Peter Casini In the early 90's raced and did very well with o/b and i/o's. He tried to sell pleasure version 30' true tunnel cat 8'6" kevlar with o/b and single and twin i/o's. The bottom and lines are very similiar to a Chris Cat with s more sleek deck. At that time a cat was a tough sell so he cut out the center and made a center console fishing boat with his race proven/winning bottom and dropped the pleasure boat. He did fairly well selling mostly to FL where they would fish 100 miles offshore and with the cobra it would get there and back in 3 hours and fish for 5 hours verses 5 hours to get there and fish for 3 hours. THey got longer fishing time and if the weather change they could be back to port before it got really bad. He did build a 35' pleasure and fishing boat. He went bankrupt in the last year or two. He had a good boat but a bad business man. Either him or the lawyer are starting up again.

I have a '98 Terminator 3000 as they were calledpleasure boat. With stock 502 it did 80-85mph and with supercharger it does right at 100mph with one engine. I bought it because it was the biggest single engine cat. Fast, safe, get me out of trouble, at 100 not at its peak. Supposidly a twin i/o ran 127mph many years ago.

I have one, TwoKK's, JBraurer all have the pleasure one. There are many fishing models for sale in the boattrader.com.
anyone heard of cobra boats???
Old 07-27-2018, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Looks like a fun project.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:15 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vin is under that black plate on the starboard transom most likely, i meany HIN

Last edited by Wobble; 07-28-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:22 PM
Registered

Forgot to ad that the vin is unreadable. seems it was repainted or something and it has gobbed the numbers up. Unreadable.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:16 PM
Registered

Default Cobra boat

Dis you ever end up buying the cobra? Or is it for sale please let me know