Notices

Who can make ???

Old 08-10-2018, 03:21 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Who can make ???

New parts needed to be made but can not come up with a source. External Volvo Penta power trim Lines. Stewart Hose a NO GO they will not do them. I brought them in and they said no way.

Who would ?
Old 08-10-2018, 04:02 PM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I needed some trim lines made for my Cigarette and my local hydraulic shop refused to make them - ended up calling Teague and they made/had them made at a reasonable price.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

At my fulfillment center, we have a company Hose Tech that comes out onsite to make replacement hoses for out material handling equipment. They have the machines and hose needed mounted on there service van.

They are located in Keller... maybe they can help.

Also certain NAPA stores can make them. Have you given them a call?

I think most places shy away from “marine” stuff.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Any local company that carries Parker fittings?

I have not been able to stump them with SAE, European. or Asian fittings on industrial equipment.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

McGill hose and coupling did a very nice job on our trim lines for cig top gun. All custom fab shop.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
New parts needed to be made but can not come up with a source. External Volvo Penta power trim Lines. Stewart Hose a NO GO they will not do them. I brought them in and they said no way.

Who would ?
What Volvo do you have? For my 280T our local hydro shop does them. Usually have to wait a day for them being they have to get the SS ends.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:57 AM
BUP
Banned

thru out the years volvo changed some of the hose shapes and lengths. But the 4 external trim hose lines none are the exact same shape nor length - per model changes all use 4 external trim lines that connect to a external manifold ( those 4 external trim lines are all different as I mentioned -- none are the same ) - I want to improve on the design for added longevity and a couple of other reasons .

OEM volvo depending on the trim line --- list price from 61 to 120 dollars per line depending on which one . So I would need to look at costs as well. Most boat owners ( 99 % ) are always going to buy the cheaper priced part no matter what --- even if you had a part to sell that will out live that cheaper cost part.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:58 AM
BUP
Banned

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
What Volvo do you have? For my 280T our local hydro shop does them. Usually have to wait a day for them being they have to get the SS ends.
I work on 75 to 150 Volvo s per year from year models 1998 to 2018.