Notices

bad iac pig tail

Old 08-12-2018, 01:58 PM
jps
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad iac pig tail

Does anyone know a part number for a pig tail that would fit merc iac valve for part # 862998 . 496 ho burnt iac and pig tail 3 rd time.lost 2 ecm 's before . Had whipple repair them. Also just a thought for others having same problem my sun pad ends right around iac location thinging water might be dripping on them. Thanks for input
Old 08-12-2018, 02:13 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Yeh, do a search for 496 iac's and you'll find aftermarket pigtail part #'s.we have looked it up/posted it many times.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:13 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

melted connectors comes from the very High duty cycles of the IAC. this overheats the IAC and in return burns and or melts the connector and that in return has the possibility knocking out the IAC circuit within the PCM 555 / ECM 555. Common problem I see all the time and see it internally of the ECM / PCM when I open them up to see if I can repair
Old 08-17-2018, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a iac survival kit from marinedesigncorp which will take out a fuse and protect the computer if the iac does fail.