Notices

Sunsation 43 f4

Old 08-20-2018, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Neither link works.
It was working. In fact I hit the link just now in your quote and it worked. 2 minutes later it said page not found. Weird. Wonder if it has anything to do with the new paging scrolling they put in this site. Not the only bug they have.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:06 AM
Registered

Neither link works.
Page 36 of the Sunsation forum. Last post 9/14/06. No idea why cut and paste links to it stopped working.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I found another one. Red and grey. From Ferdinand, IN. Was tied up close to him on Barkley Lake this weekend. Said he just recently bought it. 700's and NXT's.

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
I don't know the guy or where he's from - but some guy has a nice red one. He hits a few of the mdiwest poker runs (saw / ran with him at Shootout and LC Poker Run last year). Both events are coming up quickly - make a plan to go and see it for yourself. It was either a 700sci or Illmor boat, but can't remember. I spoke to him at the dock, but I'd been drinking....
Old 08-20-2018, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
When production falls the economies of scale fall also.

Lets say the factory needs 200K for fixed overhead (just to open the factory, keep the lights on). If they make 100 boats a year then each boat needs to contribute 2K towards fixed overhead. So if the boat itself costs 80K to make, they need to charge 82K to cover all the costs. Drop production from 100 boats to 10......now those 10 boats need to contribute 20K each to cover all the costs. Now that same boat a year later costs 100K instead of 82K. Add in suppliers forced to raise their prices for the same reason and suddenly 2 years after that boat cost 82, now it is 120K!

I bought a brand new Duramax 2500 SLE crew cab 2WD (cloth buckets, bose radio) as a leftover in late 2003 for 32K (sticker was 43). Try to find that truck new today for double that!
I know what they are doing but that's not helping the cause and now there selling no boats. As far as your truck goes I don't thats true at all, The pickup truck market is the most profitable line of any of the cars, Thats just greed and right now people don't care. If there was not such a mark up on trucks I would have never been able to get 14.8k off my 16 f250. Boating is starting to out price it self for the avg family. Mercury has had price increase's daily. A bravo gear set has doubled in 10 years.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 159 Posts

Pretty sure this is the illmor f4, and it’s on Lake Wylie.
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
They built 1 with the Ilmors; and Indy drives. It also did NOT have a cabin liner. Craig Mytelka, who built the boat had another 43 Sunsation before he built that one. He said the Ilmor boat was considerably lighter, and ran completely different than his first one.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:04 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

The Illmor boat is owned by Steve D in Michigan. Bought less power as it was some promo for the factory. Added the same power and Indy combo when he bought it. Awesome guy, great boat, and he runs it everywhere. It was the first V I had been over 100 in. Pretty sweet.

Aa mentioned, less the 1075 boat they’ve all been 700s. The Witichs old F4 recently turned up at Cumberland. Haven’t had a chance to catch up with the owners yet.

And Jupiter - you always have the answers but never share that you were part of the downturn problem. Sometimes just sharing info and not having to be the local expert is ok.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 753 Likes on 406 Posts

First F-4 was 600s/XR Sportmasters with cut down skegs.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 08-21-2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

First F-4 was 600s/XR Sportmasters with cut down skegs.
Got me!

Now that you say that, weren’t there issues with the setup? It seems I remember there were issues when Mercury was with them for prop testing. This is where the old forum would be awesome.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownLPX

And Jupiter - you always have the answers but never share that you were part of the downturn problem. Sometimes just sharing info and not having to be the local expert is ok.
The Internet never forgets ,lol
Old 08-21-2018, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownLPX

Got me!

Now that you say that, weren’t there issues with the setup? It seems I remember there were issues when Mercury was with them for prop testing. This is where the old forum would be awesome.
There weren't issues with the setup. We considered Ilmor power, but Ilmor didn't have the factory support that Merc had for 1st time setting up a new model, so Wayne wanted to use Merc power. The options at that time were 525s, 600s or 850s, as the 700s were not released yet. Boat ran well for 600s. Wayne had it up to 94 with hering props, but it was a pain getting it out of the hole. Ended up with 5 blade maximus. Ran 87-88 at LOTO, 660 ft above sea level with a normal load of peeps and gas. As you would expect, the weak point was the XRs. I think the boat went to Canada after we traded it, and I heard one of the first things the guy did was ditch the XRs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.