Notices

Who's in the wrong?

Old 08-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Ramps these days take a lot of patience. When I can bring a friend that can actually back in a trailer my day is improved a great deal but I also trained my girlfriend to be able to idle around out there while I grab the truck. One time a spot opened up where my gf could bump the dock so I can jump in but an ass cut in front. I told him to wait 2 seconds and he can have the spot but he cut in anyways so I just jumped on their boat, called them *******s as I walked through and jumped on my boat off their stern.

The jet jet skies are the worst as they sit there holding onto the dock when they can easily be idling out off the dock.
Old 08-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Why did you start clapping ?
Old 08-19-2018, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We launch every weekend that we boat, I have rigged my trailer to be easily loaded.
I back the boat in, my wife (small 5' chick) pull's the boat back as far as possible & ties it off while I'm parking the truck.
We do (intentionally) launch after the morning rush, and we come in either early enough or late enough to miss the circus.

Coming in I rig the boat for my wife to pull the boat to the trailer (with some friends if we have passengers) I back the trailer in establishing a space, she's been pulling the boat forward while I'm backing up, as I hit the right depth (marked on my trailer) I hook up the winch, pull boat on, she gets in the truck, we're gone to the clean-up area. I don't think it takes us more than 3-4 minutes.
It is a small boat. :-)

We come in with the mindset that it still could be bad, when that happens we tie the boat out of the way and kill an hour eating dinner @ an on site or walking distance restaurant.

Our day of boating is too valuable to let morons screw it up.

Last edited by Nice Pair; 08-19-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69
So I'm guessing his tow truck and trailer were not parallel to you and the other boat.
they were, but there was not enough space to fit my truck and trailer between him and the dock.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

I rush for no one when launching and retrieving nor do I rush anyone. If I see the ramp is chaos I simply wait until the wackos are done and out of my way to prevent damage to my equipment. I've seen them damage others on numerous occasions. People couldn't care less about holding you up and park their boat in the launch to load, unload, work on it, play their stereo, wash the deck etc. Then they all want to be besties out on the water and wave......no thanks!

I do not park my boat in the launch prior to getting the truck upon retrieval nor after the boat is launched. The boat is always left tied at the dock not in the ramp. There's no sign at my ramp either, it's common etiquette in most boating courses. Even if others are in the wrong they can't pin me for doing the same.

Now if you're alone or have to do it all yourself you're going to be blocking the launch somewhere. Even if you slip the boat at the dock you're blocking the launch with the truck and trailer to get the boat and visa versa. It's possible others on that day did not realize you had to do it all yourself which is still no excuse for the exchange.

I'm not impressed with humanity now a days and therefore don't exchange with people in such situations. If they want to get push like that at the ramp let them get in get out and get on their way. The less you have to deal with them the better. Also, egos have to be put aside and consider the source of judgment. IMO, most times they aren't worth their opinion.

Keith
Old 08-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
Ramps these days take a lot of patience. When I can bring a friend that can actually back in a trailer my day is improved a great deal but I also trained my girlfriend to be able to idle around out there while I grab the truck. One time a spot opened up where my gf could bump the dock so I can jump in but an ass cut in front. I told him to wait 2 seconds and he can have the spot but he cut in anyways so I just jumped on their boat, called them *******s as I walked through and jumped on my boat off their stern.

The jet jet skies are the worst as they sit there holding onto the dock when they can easily be idling out off the dock.
Yep,
HATE the boat ramp, but I have to use it a couple times a year, like last weekend up on the SJR.... And the jet ski idiots are just all over that ramp, and as I'm idleing out, 1 of them is idling in circles in the ramp area, OBVIOUS to me bearing down on him, as he is about to circle right into the SB sponson on the Talon, so I yell to him to look out and pay attention.... As I idle by he says "no reason to yell dude", I say, "I have yell to get your attention".... so then I get the standard FU, to which I return the favor and told him I'll wait for you in the river. He comes out into the river, jumps on plane in the no wake zone, and heads the other way... Just another dick with no balls... LOL !
Old 08-21-2018, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I taught my wife to back up a boat trailer 35 years ago!! You could surely do the same, you must have learned it once? My wife can put a 9' wide trailer in a 10' hole with her eyes closed.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Having a boat well near the ramp is a bonus. Sunday evenings are the best for watching human development. Wind, water, sun, alcohol and the thought of going to work on Monday morning improve the entertainment. A nice wind and a dozen boats all idling in and out of gear increases the tension. Sadly women take a lot of heat as men try to compensate for their boat/truck/trailer maneuvering errors in front of their male counterparts. Suddenly a guy brings a sailboat to the dock only using the wind, loads and leaves and everyone lowers their heads.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Why did you start clapping ?
If I had a long day and someone clapped at me I’d probably go off but I’m an ******* like that.

Originally Posted by X-rated
I taught my wife to back up a boat trailer 35 years ago!! You could surely do the same, you must have learned it once? My wife can put a 9' wide trailer in a 10' hole with her eyes closed.
My girlfriend has many excellent skills, but splashing a trailer will never be one of them. Congrats on having a top first mate
Old 08-21-2018, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

NEVER have had any issues when we launch. At the end of the day (this year only) a whole different story. I literally have had three altercations with dumbass douchebag morons so far this year alone. We pull in at the end of the dock, I go get the truck while the wife babysits the boat. While I am gone she walks it forward up the dock when the boats ahead of us clear and load up. We never rush anyone no matter what they are doing. When our boat is first in line (closest to the ramp) I consider it my turn and pull in my lane and back in. Two times someone has cut in front of me in my lane and tried to back down with an empty trailer. Mind you our boat is literally 15 feet or so from the edge of the water and this ramp has 4 ramps and the one I use is one lane only there is no room for anything else. I of course have to get out and attempt to ask them what the hell they are doing and it escalates from there since they start cussing me out and I'm not going to put up with that stupid **** by no means. The last time, I pulled to the top of the angled part of the ramp as I always do to pull the plug and drain the bilge. My boat doesn't leak but I do this to check and it literally takes less than thirty seconds to do. This douchenozzle started yelling at me for doing so claiming I was taking too much time using a bunch of cuss words in front of my kids. His dingy and wife were docked in a completely different lane also! I kind of lost it at this point stopped what I was doing and and cussed him up and down while my buddy was insisting he get out of the truck to talk about it but being a complete douche of course he wouldn't. He then tried to cut in front of someone else in another lane. If you are going to be a tough guy and spout off don't be a ***** and hide in your truck just suck it up, keep your opinions to yourself and you do you. We are all there to have fun and enjoy our sport It's people like this that ruin great days on the water for everyone.

P.S. I have considered packing my sidearm next time since there was a shooting there the very next day even though the SHERIFFS office overlooks the ramps! What the hell is wrong with this country??!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.