Notices

More fuel injector news

Old 09-01-2018, 11:08 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Don’t the 525efi engines use the same injector you have?
NO 100 PERCENT NO -- Not these they are tested and persay tuned ( modified ) injector(s) to match what the OEM had installed for what I mentioned with engine applications. All the work and testing is ALL DONE RIGHT HERE IN THE USA.

I can get the HP 525 from the OEM whom supplies Mercruiser so those do not need to be anything special.

For the Silver bullets there was NO direct cross replacement. You can still get the silver bullet fuel injectors but way too many are knock offs and the REAL OEMs are not cheap. If bought thru Merc they are like 179 per each injector that would over 1500 dollars for a set of 8. - Thats over 3 times the cost of what I have for the replacement plus mine is a more current offering and has a way better connector bodied into the case of the injector. The silver bullet fuel injectors connector is very weak by design. Actually the poorest for an bodied injector connector. They become loose and or break away from the body injector exterior case for a jist of info..

The knock off of the silver bullet fuel injectors is another huge issue as well. NO more worries about that one - if whom ever buys what I have.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:46 AM
jrz
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don’t think I need any particular hi performance version of this injector, just 2 sets of IWP069’s that would meet Merc spec for a already POS injector. I have 5.7’s , not sure of the year, serpentine belt inboards. Merc originally used a Weber, that was acquired by Magnetti Marelli and later outsourced to China .
Old 09-04-2018, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a pair of 06 350 mags with 205 hours on them. No running issues. I want to add Lucas injector cleaner through the fuel system. Thoughts??