Positive Shout Out to Victory Marine!! >

Positive Shout Out to Victory Marine!!

Notices

Positive Shout Out to Victory Marine!!

Old 09-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Positive Shout Out to Victory Marine!!

Owning my own business, I know that most positive experiences go mostly unnoticed and unappreciated. I wanted to take a minute to thank Bill and his team at Victory Marine in Kemah, TX. I had a "issues" a few weeks ago on my 1999 Scarab AVS (original untouched 502 MPI's) and though the worst (new engine). I am NOT mechanically inclined and have to depend on others for their expertise in these matters. This was the second time in as many months that I have had to go and see Bill, the last was a burning alternator that he quickly got replaced and had me back on the water quickly.

This time was a bit more involved. I brought my baby in with a Port engine knock (well actually BANGING). I feared the worse. I'm sure many a shop could have easily put it to me for a full rebuild but Bill decided it was just exhaust and manifold. Being the professional he is and having a fairly good idea of his customer, he determined the Starboard side needed replacing as well and also changed out the plugs, wires and a few other minor items. He didn't worry me about every detail and I was back on the water Saturday between squalls running out of Kemah to Dickinson Bay, Smith Point, Trinity Bay, Morgan's Point, Redfish Isle and back again.

If you are looking for a honest personable shop in SE Texas, look up Victory!!
Old 09-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by SANLEONKID
Owning my own business, I know that most positive experiences go mostly unnoticed and unappreciated. I wanted to take a minute to thank Bill and his team at Victory Marine in Kemah, TX. I had a "issues" a few weeks ago on my 1999 Scarab AVS (original untouched 502 MPI's) and though the worst (new engine). I am NOT mechanically inclined and have to depend on others for their expertise in these matters. This was the second time in as many months that I have had to go and see Bill, the last was a burning alternator that he quickly got replaced and had me back on the water quickly.

This time was a bit more involved. I brought my baby in with a Port engine knock (well actually BANGING). I feared the worse. I'm sure many a shop could have easily put it to me for a full rebuild but Bill decided it was just exhaust and manifold. Being the professional he is and having a fairly good idea of his customer, he determined the Starboard side needed replacing as well and also changed out the plugs, wires and a few other minor items. He didn't worry me about every detail and I was back on the water Saturday between squalls running out of Kemah to Dickinson Bay, Smith Point, Trinity Bay, Morgan's Point, Redfish Isle and back again.

If you are looking for a honest personable shop in SE Texas, look up Victory!!
I second the recommendation on Victory Marine, they will be getting my XR's here in a couple of weeks. Bill and crew do amazing work, honest and reliable!
Dean
Old 09-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I had them build me a Bravo XZ back in 2012 and it has been solid so far. For me it was worth the drive for their pricing and warranty they were offering on a rebuilt drive.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi1979
I had them build me a Bravo XZ back in 2012 and it has been solid so far. For me it was worth the drive for their pricing and warranty they were offering on a rebuilt drive.
Yep, exactly, and they stand behind their work!