Notices

Hurricane

Old 09-11-2018, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts
Default Hurricane

To my boating brothers having to bug out..

I have a couch, beer, and room for a 50' boat or 2...
Old 09-11-2018, 09:49 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I wish I was closer to be able to help somehow. Everyone be safe out there.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 248 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm all the way over in southwest Michigan but same as phragle said...I have room for boats and people feel free to head this way!!

Stewart
Old 09-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

FRIENDS IN THE PATH OF HURRICANE FLORENCE: If you are on the fence about leaving because you have nowhere else to go, you can come to our house in South Florida. Your dogs are welcome; bring your crates and doggie supplies. We have plenty of space for RVs aswell. I know we are far but the offer stands. Please send me a private message.

Whether you are evacuating or not, please follow this tip… Turn on ALL the lights in your home and open ALL the interior doors... pati...ently walk through your house and film EVERYTHING, including the condition of the flooring, walls, ceilings, lighting fixtures... speak while you video to document that the video is being taken on this date in anticipation of Hurricane Florence’s landfall. If you can see shutters through the windows, mention that. Repeat the same steps with the exterior of the house. Make sure that it is obvious that your home is in good and sound condition and that you have taken precautions to secure your property. THIS IS CRUCIAL in the event of an insurance claim. Please do not wait to do this. LAST STEP is to ensure that this video footage is backed up to a cloud of some sort in case your phone is damaged in the storm. I like to use OneDrive. Be safe.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 31 Posts

Be safe - fill bath tubs with water for bathing and to boil on the grill after she passes. Freeze large blocks of water in freezers - fill em as tight as you can with tupperwares and zip locks of water - will stay colder longer. When and if you leave - shut main breaker on the house....brown outs toast stuff after a storm (TVs, computers ... unplug non-essentials. Be safe - been through many - conservative wins the day.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Swamplizard
Be safe - fill bath tubs with water for bathing and to boil on the grill after she passes. Freeze large blocks of water in freezers - fill em as tight as you can with tupperwares and zip locks of water - will stay colder longer. When and if you leave - shut main breaker on the house....brown outs toast stuff after a storm (TVs, computers ... unplug non-essentials. Be safe - been through many - conservative wins the day.
Bad idea if you have a sump pump.....
Old 09-11-2018, 11:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

As stated above, we have room in NJ for multiple boats and rooms to stay.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

We've been though more than our share out here but we got damn lucky with Florence. A week ago it was showing as a very close pass by / hit.
Good advice above and kudos to all those extending their sincere offers of accommodation and help. What goes around comes around !
We're praying for all of you on the affected east coast areas.
Hope to see you on the other side.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madbouyz
We've been though more than our share out here but we got damn lucky with Florence. A week ago it was showing as a very close pass by / hit.
Good advice above and kudos to all those extending their sincere offers of accommodation and help. What goes around comes around !
We're praying for all of you on the affected east coast areas.
Hope to see you on the other side.
Indeed –as another non-American I wish our friends and allies in the US the best of luck. The unconditional generosity that is displayed in this thread is so impressive and yet another example of what makes America Great.

ND1
Old 09-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If y’all want to cross the border I have more than enough room outside of Toronto.
210 acres of pasture!!

good luck to all Be safe.
Stew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.