Notices

Skater new V-Hull?

Old 10-27-2002, 06:34 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Paul Whittier and Pat Patel are slated to race it in Key West. Get your facts straight Kirk. So you are gonna do it with Felsen huh, you didn't tell your dad did you.
Old 10-27-2002, 06:39 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THREAD CORRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes this is the NEW 39' Skater V-bottom from Douglas Marine. The first one from Skater. The boat has Skater's FIVE-STEP Bottom and is currently being rigged for the APBA Super V Lite Twin Class.
This boat boat is owned by Patrick Patel and Paul Whittier will be racing with him. They will be making their debut with the new boat at the APBA Worlds in Keywest this November. Peter Hledin is very excited to have two racers like Pat and Paul running this new design as they are both hardcore racers and push it to the limit everytime they race.
I Myself(Dennis Tracey) will be the Crew Chief for the team and have been informed to post this thread by the owner of the boat. Who wanted the information clearly stated if it was to be posted. Not inaccurately posted like some have started to do already and how people always do on this board. I was also informed if there is any hard feelings on this post that the can be taken up by reaching the owner of the boat, Patrick Patel at his office.

Thank You and Have a Nice Day!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DPT MOTORSPORTS; 10-27-2002 at 06:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (01-05-2022)
Old 10-27-2002, 07:14 PM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a great looking boat, It will be nice to see someone challenge the Fountains in a twin engine canopied boat. Besides Activator, Outerlimits and Fabio Buzzie has anyone else raced a canopied boat against the Fountains? Regardless Fountain seems to hold the records and win the most races. I would love to see Skater change that?

As far as the Skater debuting at the Worlds in Key West. I thought there was a rule that stated you have to race in two National events to be eligable to run in the Worlds. Or am I mistaken? Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 10-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What's the latest on Pat's pleasure boat? I haven't seen or heard anything about it in a while now. Wasn't it orignally rigged with Torque V-12's and Sage drives? I thought I heard it was having tranny problems with that set-up.
Just curious, since I thought I'd see it over the summer, and never did.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:36 PM
TulsaLarry

Originally posted by KN

As far as the Skater debuting at the Worlds in Key West. I thought there was a rule that stated you have to race in two National events to be eligable to run in the Worlds. Or am I mistaken? Can anyone shed some light on this? [/B]
I have always understood that you had to meet the National qualifications.

Old 10-27-2002, 07:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Lightbulb

Doug:

My 28 that you saw will run a honest 80 mph. It has a CRE HP500 efi in it- really cool boat. As for the new Skater that boat is awesome. Will pleasure models be built? I would think that APBA would let the boat run but would not be able to actually win any title. Way to go Skater! BH
Old 10-27-2002, 07:46 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

At the end of last year APBA let anyone show up the the world in the Super V, Super Cat, and the light classes.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:57 PM
TulsaLarry

Thanks Ryan, I did not know they changed the rules.

Old 10-27-2002, 08:08 PM
Registered

Default Please forgive me, I stand corrected

Your right Ryan, I drink alot. And NO I didn't tell my Dad about running with Felsen. And don't you tell him either. What happened to you driving with me? Felsen said you had other commitments. Not really sure who is going to drive. Still up in the air. Thats what I like, a team thats got it all together.
Old 10-27-2002, 08:35 PM
Registered

they havn't changed ther rules.you have to race in one race in any pro series event.

Quick Reply: Skater new V-Hull?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.