Notices

Lake Murray SC

Old 10-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lake Murray SC

I've asked before about different lakes. Does anyone have any boating info about Lake Murray in S.C.?
Old 10-11-2018, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Warf Rat I have lived on the lake 51 years. My entire life. We have the worst education system in the country even worse drivers and now and invasion of northerners. Chit heads in 55 mph toons all over the place and 100k ski boats with kids in the mix also. We have a several dozen performance boats on the lake, but they only seem to use the as floating bars. I love the lake. It's 54,000 acres with an average depth of 36 feet. It can get up to 3' closely stacked rollers with heavy boat traffic as the depth in big water is 100'. The lake is 42 miles long W to E and I have a 14 mileSW to ne straight shot. YES a ( 3') vertical feet from crest to bottom of the trough. I have a 25 foot Talon, the centerpod nightmare as some true tunnel owners despise. This is my 9th year with the Talon putting 100ish hours a year on it. I can run on top if the crests of the wave if they don't exceed my 22ish foot of running surface. You just can't cruise at 40 in that water. A 28 to 30 foot cat or vee will handle anything the lake can throw at it. Great lake but increasing number of douche bag boaters. My office number is 803 751 6586. I work 530 to 1500. Give me a call if you want more info. hope this info helps.

Bob

Last edited by bulletbob; 10-12-2018 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
Warf Rat I have lived on the lake 51 years. My entire life. We have the worst education system in the country even worse drivers and now and invasion of northerners. Chit heads in 55 mph toons all over the place and 100k ski boats with kids in the mix also. We have a several dozen performance boats on the lake, but they only seem to use the as floating bars. I love the lake. It's 54,000 acres with an average depth of 36 feet. It can get up to 3' closely stacked rollers with heavy boat traffic as the depth in big water is 100'. The lake is 42 miles long W to E and I have a 14 mileSW to ne straight shot. YES Dale ( 3') vertical feet from crest to bottom of the trough. I have a 25 foot Talon, the centerpod nightmare as some true tunnel owners despise. This is my 9th year with the Talon putting 100ish hours a year on it. I can run on top if the crests of the wave if they don't exceed my 22ish foot of running surface. You just can't cruise at 40 in that water. A 28 to 30 foot cat or vee will handle anything the lake can throw at it. Great lake but increasing number of douche bag boaters. My office number is 803 751 6586. I work 530 to 1500. Give me a call if you want more info. hope this info helps.

Bob
Does it not seem like this is happening a lot of places? I know it is up here in Charlotte as well.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I have been up on lake Norman a bunch. Great people, but, to many cops for my liking. I never had a problem with them personally. My first performance boat was a Velocity 280 with twin 260s. It was a beast for a first fast boat. I look forward to your Arneson conversion. I almost bought a Hustler with twin Arnesons' prior to my Talon in 2009. I have 3 30 something neighbours with 100k ski boats that just sit in their driveway. We used to wakeboard Tuesday and Thursday afternoon and all weekend in the 80's and 90s. These kids just float.