Early Cats--Flying Wings

Old 10-29-2002, 08:51 PM
Registered

My Boats: boating

Ill try back in 10 years and whats faster than a blackbird? tripps
Old 10-29-2002, 09:23 PM
skiffnbuck

Talking Blackbird wannabe

My world record holding Grand Prix Hydro(Executif 3) thinks she's faster than a blackbird......but the same wrenches I used when occasionally turning Air Force wrenches on a SR-71(England) will never see the likes of the Blown 541ci Merlin in the Hydro.....C'est la vie.....however, that 24' afterburning water rocket can still pull 4+ lateral G's in the turns and is more fun to drive than flying an F-15!!! And you can quote me on that!! Capt Nemo

Old 10-29-2002, 09:43 PM
j.cas.

hi everyone, ilove this old stuff my dad used to race in canada andwas even canadian high points champion a couple of times he was also captain of OMC'S team that went to havasu evry year his name is JIM CASCADDEN he now works for american marine holdings [donzi&pro-line]

Old 10-29-2002, 10:01 PM
Registered

Default Jimmy CASCADDEN

J.Cas - I used to know your dad when he raced with Tom Wood, and Lorne Pinel's tunnel boats. Those were great racing years. Do you have any good pics of your dad and the Pinel?

Jimboat
Old 10-30-2002, 01:05 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1985 Chris Craft- Chris Cat

Hey Skiffnbuck!
Glad to see you on the board. If you havent been lurking long, you will find this board much more user friendly and is the best format around, that all are trying to copy. Except when things break ocassionally, like the private message system.

For some of us that lead double lives with interest in both Glassics and performance boats is gets a little confusing at times in which screen name to use, AquaLoco or Flashback. As for you and T2x, your boat interest are combined Glassic/Performance in the Switzer wing.

Looking forward in hearing some stories of racing and its history as memories are relived from some of the grate drivers of the past. I am sure that T2x will also enjoy the company as well.

Kitsoncraft and Zonkercraft? Anybody got any pics of these?

Flashback
Old 10-30-2002, 03:50 PM
j.cas.

hi, jimboat yes ihave many pics of those old pinel tunnels and all of those crazyguys that used to run them.ie.tom wood spencer dunn roger wood and the list goes on some really cool movies too thanks for the reply its nice to hear from someone who rembers the crazy canuck days

Old 10-30-2002, 05:50 PM
skiffnbuck

Smile Old timey pictures

heh J.Cas. :

How about posting or mailing some of those OLD tunnel/Wing photos so I can reproduce them.....All this/that old history would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Capt Nemo

Old 10-30-2002, 05:58 PM
Registered

Default I remember

When I was a kid, all the rich boys had a Flying Dutchman and all I got was a 10 ft. GW Invader with a 35 JohnRude, Now that I'm old I still want a Dutchman as a toy, anyone know of any out there?
Old 10-30-2002, 07:12 PM
Registered

J.Cas - email me directly. The story of those "crazy guys" like Tom Wood, Spencer Dunn, Roger Wood, (and Jimmy Cascadden) are great ones. It's too bad that many of them are not around any more. Perhaps I could include some photos and stories in the next edition of the History of Tunnel Boat Design book.

Jimboat

AeroMarine Research

Last edited by Jimboat; 10-31-2002 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:47 PM
j.cas.

SKIFFINBUCK,iwill try to post as soon as possible im new to this and still learning,but will try to get a friend to help