Notices

Magnum Marine re-imagined

Old 11-18-2018, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts

BADD ASS!!

Freagin amazing.

As one the does this type of work every day......, I can’t even imagine.
Good on you.

As a boater that uses his boat as a boat/weekender, I’ve always been amazed at how little thought/effort is put into it actually being a boat and not a toy.

Want to drop anchor? Good luck getting to the bow.

Enter the cabin w/o whacking your head 😝

Wife to the bow to handle dock lines? Not w/your shoes on 🤓

Awesome stuff dude!
Old 11-18-2018, 07:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

A 'Magnum' size project, looks awesome. Keep up the good work and keep on posting for all us boat pervs.

RR

Old 11-18-2018, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

The plexiglass on the moon shape is fixed but the other two doors move out of the way and you can sit on the deck with your feet on the floor of the anchor locker somewhat secure in case you need to operate the winch from the bow

I want to be able to see the anchor and winch from the inside the cabin. The hardware itself looks so cool, makes no sense to hide it. And if something goes wrong you might be able to see it from the inside

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
BADD ASS!!

Freagin amazing.

As one the does this type of work every day......, I can’t even imagine.
Good on you.

As a boater that uses his boat as a boat/weekender, I’ve always been amazed at how little thought/effort is put into it actually being a boat and not a toy.

Want to drop anchor? Good luck getting to the bow.

Enter the cabin w/o whacking your head 😝

Wife to the bow to handle dock lines? Not w/your shoes on 🤓

Awesome stuff dude!

thanks I appreciate the encouragement! Everything we’ve done is for the captain and safety of the passengers. Spent a lot of time on the anchor locker, maybe more than I should have.

Ill take some pics tomorrow

Last edited by 1design; 11-18-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:11 PM
Registered

From the bed in the bow looking back

From the galley looking forward. There will be a fold up table with a push to open drawer for garbage. The table should sit 6. It’s done and there are pictures on the thread, but won’t put in until we finish the cabin
Originally Posted by dykstra
Man. I can’t imagine what a tremendous undertaking this project must be. Looking good!
Originally Posted by 1design

It’s taking a toll on everything else in my life, but I love it
Originally Posted by rak rua
A 'Magnum' size project, looks awesome. Keep up the good work and keep on posting for all us boat pervs.

RR

Old 11-18-2018, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

it started as a 40 foot 1984 Magnum. It’s now 43 counting the transom. I have never done something on this scale before, but I converted an 1983 40 foot formula to outboards some years back, and have worked with fiberglass my whole life. I’m not sure if I want to sell it, more than anything I just wanted to build something in the US that gave homage to the category of boat that Magnum created back in the 80s and that so many European companies still build.
pics of formula?
Old 11-19-2018, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

that is awsome most people dont have a clue the work it takes you are awsome dude i can relate did 1/4 canopys on my 28 skater from plug to to finish nice job your my hero keep it up and finish it thats the hardest part
Old 11-19-2018, 06:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Surprised nobody has asked......... What power are you planning?
Old 11-19-2018, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Wow, that is an amazing project. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:48 AM
Registered

No pics of the formula unfortunately. Lost them to a hurricane. I redid the stringers transom and sole, kept the top cap but did a two person wide center console it’s in the Bahamas somewhere.

Im not sure on the power yet. I’m not super brand loyal when it comes to outboards. I’ve seen them all do their job well over the years and also fail. Definitely think I would like to see quads. She has a 12.5 beem and should weigh in around 20,000 pounds. The closest boat in length width and weight are the 40ish Boston whaler outrage and a formula, both have 350-400 verados. The new 425 Yamahas look really appealing on paper, maybe in a couple of months after some customers get them running for a bit we will know more about them. I know people are really passionate about this topic, I’m open to advice,

Outside
Old 11-19-2018, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

No pics of the formula unfortunately. Lost them to a hurricane. I redid the stringers transom and sole, kept the top cap but did a two person wide center console it’s in the Bahamas somewhere.

Im not sure on the power yet. I’m not super brand loyal when it comes to outboards. I’ve seen them all do their job well over the years and also fail. Definitely think I would like to see quads. She has a 12.5 beem and should weigh in around 20,000 pounds. The closest boat in length width and weight are the 40ish Boston whaler outrage and a formula, both have 350-400 verados. The new 425 Yamahas look really appealing on paper, maybe in a couple of months after some customers get them running for a bit we will know more about them. I know people are really passionate about this topic, I’m open to advice,

Outside
For what its worth, the Verado was designed with a max weight of 4K lbs per engine. So, basic math tells you that a quad verado boat should not be more than 16,000lb. If the boat is over that threshhold, then the Yamaha 350 will out perform the Verado. A 475 Intrepid is a pefect example of this. A quad 350 Yamaha 475 Intrepid will outrun a quad 350 Verado boat any day of the week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.