Notices

Anyone know this cig??

Old 11-28-2018, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 158 Likes on 77 Posts

Comes down to $$ and Value

39K vs 57K - What does the difference buy you, versus what upgrades are installed.

39K Boat...Upgraded Drives, Engine Package seems mild with Blowers.

57K Boat....Upgraded Interior, Gauges and Bezles, White Hull, NA Bulldog Power (lots of hours can be put on without much work) Resale value of Mercury Power is higher. Bulldogs had great internals, Notched Transom, White Dash, Silent Choice, Nice Swim Platform. Upgraded Bolsters,appears to be a nice Manning Trailer with polished wheels. and its been for sale for a while.

Can the items in the 39K boat be done for 18K. Probably Not

I don't know either of these boats, but on paper. Obviously the 57K boat has a lot of the items that need to be addressed on the 39K boat. So if you get better trade money, it would make more sense. Even if you did all the work yourself, 16-18k gets used up fast, not to mention the amount of hours, and possibly missed boating time versus enjoying boating. 2 Cents here
Old 11-28-2018, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I agree...and being a mechanic that's what I look for as well...only concern I have on this one is that its been on the market for awhile and I'm thinking because of the drives hanging off the back
Old 11-28-2018, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

Just me but this is why I always worry about "refreshed motors". Never know, I would almost rather have the motors blow up during the sea trail so I can have my own built.

540 BBC running poorly
Old 11-28-2018, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I worry about that as well...what cousin bubba rebuilt them lol but it seems they have some hours after the "rebuilds" on the white one where any wrong doing would have been found...plus I think Riggs is a somewhat reputable builder...I've heard their name before with positive comments...but you never really know I guess
Old 11-28-2018, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

well...made the call on the white one...sent a few pics of mine in...see what they say!!
Old 11-28-2018, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

Just a heads up. Grand sport is not that far from me as well. Hope this one works out better for you. They are decent people over there I looked at boats from them in the past but got suckered into another boat caus ethe wife liked it better haha. Well needless to say money would’ve been spent better else where. Good luck with it hope the trade works out better
Old 11-28-2018, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 4,235 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Dude that white one is NICE! Spend a little more but have a way better looking boat and it looks very clean.
That`s where I bought my boat and they gave me a fair trade in value on my BAHA. bad thing is they don`t really do sea trials.