Notices

Anyone know this cig??

Old 11-20-2018, 06:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 251 Likes on 126 Posts

Yea that's a huge draw for me...the price....I figure if I can find a good base in my price range I can make it my own over time

I'm good with the dry pipes...I have semi dry on my Nordic and although some think they are obnoxious...I love em hahaha
Old 11-20-2018, 06:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Also jim...did he have issues with the drives/trans this summer?? the add says low hours on both just curious if he did the swap because of issues or if he bought it that way??
Old 11-20-2018, 06:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I don't remember seeing the boat @ the cig event, but there were a lot of boats, might think about adding external hydro steering. good luck Eddie's a stand up guy
Old 11-20-2018, 06:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

yea that would be one of the first things I did for sure

I noticed this doesn't have a notched transom which could be the cause of what seems like a little slow speed for the power...can a notch be added to these hulls and would it be worth it in the long run??
Old 11-20-2018, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

pretty sure the notch came in 88........I don't think the payoff would be worth the investment to ad the notch
Old 11-20-2018, 07:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

fair enough...I've just seen claims of 4-5 MPH out of the notch...I can do the work if I had some measurements to go off of...not a big deal was just curious more than anything...waiting for the bank and them to open to see if I can put this deal together

My buddy thinks I'm an idiot for trying to get rid of my 80+ MPH heat to go into a 70 MPH cig...I would like to boat in something more than 2's and not get the sh!t beat out of me lol

anyone else have any opinions on that matter?? just for open discussion??
Old 11-20-2018, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
yea that would be one of the first things I did for sure

I noticed this doesn't have a notched transom which could be the cause of what seems like a little slow speed for the power...can a notch be added to these hulls and would it be worth it in the long run??
I think your spot on. The notch will positively increase the speed but also negatively increase the porpoise... The ride quality between the two will be different also. The no notch will run more like a mistress from conversations I have had. FF has riden in our ould 93' with a notch and his with out it. I know he will agree. Check out one of his videos posted. it can be seen how much more the hull is in the water = less speed. I wouldnt let that scare you. If your on big water, that ride can easily outweigh the speed. However, if your on a flat river, I would think differently.... Just my 2cents..
Old 11-20-2018, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
Anybody think the top speed is a little slow?? 70...I know these are heavy pigs but I figured alleged 650 a side it would be mid 70's at least?? doesn't really matter just curious
Should be a little quicker, never know if setup is correct, As stated that is a pre notched boat. May have wrong props, since Konrads were added. The Konrads should have helped since they are 1.7" shorter then the TRS's that probably came on the boat. The notch from what I have seen is good for 3-5 MPH. Props could be good for 3-5 also, getting those 650's in the correct RPM Band. Lot of factors. Test Drive the boat, Leakdown and Survey will tell alot. It will need a survey to get insurance anyway, so might as well do it before you buy. Then you will have a negotiation point. Would be a sweet deal at 35K
Old 11-20-2018, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
I think your spot on. The notch will positively increase the speed but also negatively increase the porpoise... The ride quality between the two will be different also. The no notch will run more like a mistress from conversations I have had. FF has riden in our ould 93' with a notch and his with out it. I know he will agree. Check out one of his videos posted. it can be seen how much more the hull is in the water = less speed. I wouldnt let that scare you. If your on big water, that ride can easily outweigh the speed. However, if your on a flat river, I would think differently.... Just my 2cents..
Old 11-20-2018, 07:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Right on..all good points...the no notch doesn't scare me at all was just curious if its worth it to add it...if it sacrifices some ride quality then I'm pretty much against it...that's the whole purpose of this purchase is for a better ride...I boat pretty much exclusively in lake Michigan where it can go from flat to 4's in a matter of an hour...looking to do more long trips this summer on the water and don't want to get stuck in Chicago because my little 28 heat can't handle the water to get home...plus the bigger cabin is obviously a plus...if I could be consistent 75 with a 55-60 cruise I'd be happy...I believe that should be possible with the power and drives that are in this boat...some TLC and updating of the graphics and interior and I think i'd have a solid package that should handle anything I can throw at it and last me quite a while....that's my thoughts anyway haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.