Inside SOTW: Donzi 41 GT Profile—Instant Classic

Notices

Inside SOTW: Donzi 41 GT Profile—Instant Classic

Old 11-25-2018, 10:03 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default Inside SOTW: Donzi 41 GT Profile—Instant Classic

The first new Donzi sportboat under the Iconic Marine umbrella, the 41 GT is as versatile—and downright sexy— as they come, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...nstant-classic.

For those who prefer to skip the intro, here is the direct download link for the issue, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...issue/download.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I appreciate the article. As a Donzi owner I want to like this boat but I don't get it. The bow looks stubby and it seems the only way they were able to make the boat look half decent is the 2 tone paint job. A 40+ footer needs to do more than this boat does... there is no proper head. No shower. I get that it's a 'day boat' but it has no shade either. IMO boats that end up being classics do something really well and this boat doesn't seem to do anything really well. It's not going to be a good day boat because you will get scorched. Not a good weekender because the cabin blows. It's not a good performance boat because it isn't fast enough. There is also a really strange combo of very high end materials sitting next to low end junk. The cabin door can't be unseen with the cheap plastic handles as an example. I'll take a guess that Cigarette will build and sell 100 center consoles for every 1 of these Donzi builds. The entire Iconic Marine way of doing business seems to be do the exact opposite of what might sell.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

It has potential, and I want to like it too. I look forward to what future boats may look like. I'd have it set up with "school bus seating" or seat/bolsters (3 rows), a drop in center option seat (for 1 or maybe even 2 rows), with smaller aft facing loungers and ditch the 'kitchen cabinets' in the cockpit. That's why you have a cabin. And it needs triple motors. I saw at least 3 big CCs in Key West with one of their motors tilted up. If that's "normal" on these bigger boats with bigger outboards, this boat needs at least triple outboards so you can still run it on plane on two to get home. It reminds me of the NorTech Monte Carlo, which only a few of those have been built. I hope it takes off for them with the exposure of the Miami Boat Show in a couple months.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-26-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

European day boat for cruising the harbor.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:41 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Definitely interesting and enlightening to read the different takes on this boat.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I like the Monte Carlo design, sans egg beaters.. Nortech's Monte Carlo is beautiful.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Boat will be a dud for Donzi. Too many ideas going on and good at none of them plus an out of this world price point.

The Monte Carlo is a rock star and quite the performer with the right power (the yellow boat had 700s) yet the helm location seems off and the lack of a decent shade option hurts sales vs. CC's with a t-top.

Many buyers will "suffice" with a Chris Craft Corsair for 1/2 the money.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I like the Monte Carlo design, sans egg beaters.. Nortech's Monte Carlo is beautiful.
Same here.

Everything about those is great and they even have good performance numbers to match.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Can't take it in the rough, everyone except the driver and copilot will get beat up.

Padraig
Old 11-27-2018, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
Can't take it in the rough, everyone except the driver and copilot will get beat up.

Padraig
Donzi has already said you can configure the interior as you wish, so the layout you see in that one is not the layout in them all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.