Notices

Serpentine Pulleys

Old 11-26-2018, 04:04 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Serpentine Pulleys

I am trying to convert from V-pulleys to serpentine-pulleys without changing brackets. Is this possible? Power is mid nineties Marine Power 502s with crank driven raw water pump.

I found that March Performance can help me with the starboard engine, but not the Port since it has P/S. They only offer that option (double crank pulley) for a long water pump. Any ideas?

What I need:

Port Engine – Double serpentine crank pulley, a single water pump pulley, alternator pulley, and single press on P/S pulley.

Starboard Engine – Single serpentine crank pulley, single water pump pulley, and alternator pulley.

I don’t understand why March Performance doesn’t offer the double crank pulley for the short water pump application, but that is what they just told me on the phone.

I use this boat a lot, and am trying to eliminate the constant headaches I seem to get with V belts. I’m trying to avoid installing a “kit” with brackets, tensioners etc.

Any leads or alternate routes would be appreciated!

Steve
Old 11-28-2018, 01:27 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Question: Has anyone used long water pumps on their marine engines? Is there a practical reason to use a short vs. long pump?

thanks,

Steve