Notices

Anyone seen/understand this ?

Old 12-14-2018, 02:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

"After 3 years, the TIOLI Boat Dock Fender Holder has been completed........."
Serious? 3 years to make that?
Learn to berth your boat without smacking into the dock and splice all your lines to the correct length. Much easier.

Last edited by rak rua; 12-14-2018 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 50 Posts

I use these on my dock. One lag screw and done. About same thing and they have lasted 10 years.
Low Freeboard Fenders - Taylor Made Products 2019 Catalog
Old 12-14-2018, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I personally think the idea is great. You leave the dock and take the fenders with you. Come back and drop them in there hole. Simple and easy. My only concern would be how soft is the bucket so it wont scuff your boat?
Old 12-14-2018, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

WOW! Useless product

Horrible name, buckets are hard plastic, took me too long to figure out what they are made out of, and how they would help me.

​​​​​Only work on certain docks, mostly floating, not enough mounting adjustment for permanent docks or sea walls. Plus the dock side needs to be tall enough to support the side pressure.

If you have a permanent slip you need permanent protection, so spending $50 on each fender bucket then having to buy additional fenders to put in the bucket is horrible.

Too easy to steal.

Doesn't make sense to take them with you cause then they are not there ready to protect when you pull in the slip, especially if its windy or after a day of drinking! Plus would be annoying to constantly stow away and retrieve in your boat.

Most permanent slips 4 point tie plus spring lines and don't require too much dock protection, mostly protection is only used during docking in and out.

Useless for transient boaters.

Would also require an additional fender cover!
Old 12-14-2018, 11:22 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The ONE thing I like about it is it lifts the bumper up higher instead of being tied to a cleat.

IF I had a boat that stayed moored like that, I’d have HTM fenders that just stayed in the ‘bucket’ and were secured from theft or floating out (storm tide/waves) with a big knot at the bottom. But I’d only need two for when I back in, and am getting the pre-set lines looped onto the cleats.

I could see this as useful for LOTO type boaters and others that have to align the boat just right in rough or fast current waters while their lift comes up to pick up the boat.

Along that last thought, the BEST setup I’ve seen for such was employed by Mark Tuck (OSO member “Bullhead”) who made SS pipes covered in PVC and affixed them vertically to his dock IN THE EXACT SHAPE of the front of his OL. That way he comes into his slip in his fast moving creek, keeps one drive in FWD with the rub rail of the nose of the boat against the PVC pipes, and the lift comes up to grab the boat which is perfectly positioned every time.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-14-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Making things easier is not for everyone.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 243 Likes on 130 Posts

How long until somebody helps themselves to your fenders while your out in your boat...?
Old 01-28-2019, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Holder easily attaches to docks, Fenders drop in. Search
TIOLI Boat Dock Fender Holder on FB for videos