Notices

Key West poker run vs New Years

Old 01-01-2019, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts
Default Key West poker run vs New Years

This was my first time here for New Years
During the poker run you have a big crowd down on Duval street friday and saturday nights and at times its hard to walk thru the traffic on the sidewalks, When they close the streets down for the few hours for the boats to park it is really crowded even on parts of the street.
Now for New years the night before New years there was hardly a crowd at all but last night omg i have never seen so many people, they closed Duval before 8 when we got there and at the time i thought the street was packed, we walked down toward the gay bars, they had a stage set up and within a half a block of it you couldn't get thru the entire street was packed with people.
Headed back to Rick Tree house which is probably close to half a mile, all the bars on the way had bands playing, even some of the hotels along the way had something going on, just he biggest damn party you have ever seen, kind of like Bourbon street in New Orleans but cleaner, 80 degrees so weather was perfect
They had five different areas that had some kind of event for the countdown, by the time the countdown started we literally could not move, it was like being crammed into an elevator except it was the whole damn street and side streets. really not a great feeling but the crowd was amazing and everyone having a good time plus we could see the clock so knew it wasn't going to be that long being human sardines.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

How long to get a drink?
Old 01-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Sounds like we’ll stick to the worlds / poker run!!

sounds like you had a great time danimal.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
How long to get a drink?
Getting a drink was never a problem, plenty of walk up bars so never need to wait in line