Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
would someone rent me their boat ? >

would someone rent me their boat ?

Notices

would someone rent me their boat ?

Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default would someone rent me their boat ?

First to say hello to all my old friends. Haven’t been around much. Since I sold my boats it’s a little depressing to here all the fun you people are having!

yes I would like to rent a boat this summer around the end of June (29th) up to July 7th...
Just for a day or two would be fine. For those that don’t know me, I’m in the New Jersey area but would consider going somewhere else for the right deal. I’ve been a bit spoiled and had a lot of big boats. I’ve owned about 26 boats and had as much horsepower is 2000. i am a member of the “200 mph club” several times ! Lol. I’ve owned boats up the 40 foot and operated boats up to 70 foot. I would like to rent a boat maybe 30 to 50 feet. the bigger the better. Not looking for fast. Just a nice clean boat to take a nice ride and hang out in the sun. I’m not looking to abuse anyone’s equipment. I would love to be back on the go fast boat but a cruiser would be fine too. I’m going to be spending some time with a friend is coming down from Canada. She has never been on a boat so I’d like to make it something special. Just for a day or two would be fine or more. I will provide an insurance policy for such boat and agree to take full responsibility in writing .

maybe some people on here that know me could give me a reference I would appreciate it.
thank you for considering. give me a call we can discuss it.

Joe, 908-963-2513
Old 01-15-2019, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Unfortunately in this day and age your best bet is to get someone "TO Loan you a boat" because I am quite sure if something was to happen that person insurance company would not be happy to hear it was rented out.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Our litigious society will prevent that, reference Smoke on the Water poker run.

What happened to BoatMe anyway?
Old 01-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Well the first question of note here would be just how much money do you figure you have to throw at this little adventure ?

Throw that out here and you might get some takers. Just as a point of reference,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, last years 1000 Island Charity Poker Run ride along went for $2500. Ask how I know that?

I wrote the check. Watch the website as they are going to auction off some more rides this year, great cause!

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 01-15-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

https://www.boatsetter.com/

600 locations nationwide, all types of boats
Old 01-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Isn’t there a “Freedom Boat Club” that rents boats?
Old 01-16-2019, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Just a suggestion that I am sure you have considered. Charter something. Most of the private boats are going to have insurance problems. If you find someone willing, they are hurting and gambling in my opinion.

You mentioned that you are trying to relax with a close woman friend who has never boated. The most least relaxing thing for her is watching you workout a boat you are not familiar with. Top that with the fact you will be basically a 1 man show, no deck hands in a 30-50'.

Charter something nice and ride on the sun pad with her. You may not like it as much, but she will.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, thank you everyone. Lot of great info here. Yes, it would cost $$$ .. definitely want a quality boat for some quality time. And if anyone wants to “loan me “ their boat, of course I would “donate” to their favorite cause !😎 however, let not discuss that HERE ! Lol ! Call me. That boat setter looks like an option. I think the freedom boat club is just that. A CLUB. You pay yearly for access. Great idea if you boat a lot.
Txhawk ,are you telling me that you can’t handle of 30 to 50 foot boat by yourself? come on brother. Lol ! I know a lot of people can’t handle a 24 but i used to go out by myself a lot on my big boats including getting it off the trailer and putting it back on the trailer by myself just takes practice anyone can do it. 😉. Thank you everyone for your replies. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know. Thank you .

joe
Old 01-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by boot

Txhawk ,are you telling me that you can’t handle of 30 to 50 foot boat by yourself? come on brother. Lol ! I know a lot of people can’t handle a 24 but i used to go out by myself a lot on my big boats including getting it off the trailer and putting it back on the trailer by myself just takes practice anyone can do it. 😉. Thank you everyone for your replies. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know. Thank you .

joe
Old 01-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

You gotta impress the mail order brides first day I agree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.