Like Tree0Likes

I'm gonna F-in puke!!!!!

Old 11-01-2002, 11:12 PM
BK
Registered

Speaking of Holidays......

Last night, my 2 sons had the absolute worst Halloween ever. On our street, only 3 houses out of 30 gave out candy. We walked for an hour and a half - nearly a mile - and less than a dozen houses opened their door to the Trick or Treaters.

My 8 year old son was incredibly sad -- he had worked hard on his cute "Sponge Bob" costume that he wanted to show off. But the dissapointment of seeing so many 'dark' houses caused us to end our trick or treating by 7pm.

I found out later that many local churches held their "own" parties --- dressing as biblical characters and passing out candy. They are attempting to avoid the "evilness" Of Halloween.

This struck me as odd. I've always been taught that Halloween is based on a Christian holy day, called All Souls Day; a time to remember and honor the dead. This spiritual tradition was combined with a pagan tradition of celebrating the dead by dressing up as the deceased and having a feast.

But since it incorporates an element that causes them fear, it looks like some local churches will manage to eliminate one of my favorite childhood activities.

But yet, in the Spring, the Christian churches in my neighborhood go all out for another "pagan" tradition, without ever blinking an eye, for that is when they will hold "Easter Egg Hunts" on their own church property --- I wonder if they will ever acknowledge that an "Easter Egg Hunt" far more "pagan" than Halloween ever was?

http://www.wilstar.net/holidays/easter.htm

Since its conception as a holy celebration in the second century, Easter has had its non-religious side. In fact, Easter was originally a pagan festival. The "Easter Bunny" symbol originated with the pagan festival of Eastre. The goddess, Eastre, was worshipped by the Anglo-Saxons through her earthly symbol, the rabbit. As with the Easter Bunny and the holiday itself, the Easter Egg predates the Christian holiday of Easter. The exchange of eggs in the springtime is a pagan custom that was centuries old when Easter was first celebrated by Christians.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:13 PM
Registered

My Boats: You can't boat on an ICE FLOW

The most amazing thing about this discussion is that Kaama is showing you all something that is free. You do not have to do anything to receive it but believe, and he is being attacked.

Look at who is saying who is bad for our country/society. I for one would rather have people following a set of core beliefs that felt that stealing is wrong, killing people was wrong, haveing a life long mate is right and respecting those with more expeirence is right, over someone who believied that killing unborn children is right and it's not their falt if they kill somebody or steal something (it's someone elses fault) and it's O.K to break that marriage vow regardless of the ramifications to the kids. It's whatever makes "me" feel good.

You may not agree with the religion part, but the values used to govern a society are not an option if that society is to survive. Take those values away and you have nothing.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:39 PM
Registered

My Boats: You can't boat on an ICE FLOW

Cat, you are exactly what I am talking about. I did not mention any particular religion, yet you attack me. You, and people like you will continue to undermine our society with your misrepresentations.

I am concerned about where I live and the society I leave for my children. I am not sure what you care about

I also like to take my kids and go boating

This topic is done for me
Old 11-02-2002, 12:04 AM
27mmLoto

Getting back to the subject that started this post, has anyone noticed how many Doctors are running for office? What needs to happen is to get the primo retirement benefits taken away. I think that would stop alot of people from running for office and spending lots of other peoples money to stay there. Term limits would have some advantages but I fear that some civil service lifetime government employees would hold all the power with no way to get them out of office.
Steve

Old 11-02-2002, 01:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!

I suppose there are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of books that we can read to try and disprove the Bible and Christianity.

The Holy scriptures says this:

"Truely I say unto you, whosoever (anyone) shall not recieve the kingdom of God as a little child shall in nowise enter in." Jesus Christ Luke 18:17

Now I know it's not a perfect world, but I'm just trying to illustrate a point here, but when we were all little children we looked to our parents. They fed us, clothed us, sheltered us, loved us and disciplined us. And as children we trusted them and believed in them. We ran to them for everything. That's how God wants us to come to Him---with that same child like faith. It's best to get a child trusting in God while they are still a child. Because the older a person gets, statistics show the less likely they will believe and accept God into their life.

I'm not sure I can make it much more simple than that.

"Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" Romans 10:17

As a Christian, I still make plenty of mistakes, I can be judgemental at times, but God is not done with me yet. And I love my fellow man---it doesn't matter who it is because we're all in this world together and like Steve1 said, we're all going to die sooner or later. What a horrible and terrifying feeling to go to your death without any hope. I have seen people at funerals grab the dead person in the casket and shake them and just wailing in dispair. Why do they do that? It's because sadly they have no hope.

In Ecclesiates the scriptures says:

"Death is the destiny of every man and the living need to take it to heart"

Jesus Christ is our only hope gang. If we try to look for the logic in it you aren't going to find it. Again, you must come by faith---that's the way God has designed it. If you're really searching for the truth you have to seek Him out with a whole heart. Amen. (Amen = So be it)

Good night gang---I'm hittin' the rack!
Old 11-02-2002, 07:24 AM
Registered

Guys, Believe what you want to believe...It will all be sorted out in the end

Now to get this thread back on track, Mr. Ventura actually said it best "They (democrates) should be hanging their heads in shame"
Old 11-02-2002, 12:31 PM
BK
Registered

Apparently, I missed the "booing". ugh. That would have made me sick too. I despise the booing even when it occurs at the ordinary political rallies and debates. Very childish - much like some of the nasty, childish barbs I'm seeing today on TV with these cut-throat "Paid for" political advertisments. One candidate here is posting his opponent's phone number on the TV screen and saying "CALL HER AND TELL HER YOU ARE GLAD SHE'S NOT IN CONGRESS" hoping to clog her phone lines....how pathetic. Ugh!

But I'm confused - who was doing the booing? The politicians? Or the regular people in attendance for the funeral ?? Either way - How classless.
Old 11-02-2002, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!

God had His own plan----and it's way beyond our finite minds.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Slippery when wet!

Why anyone SOBER with a Sole or conscience, any Morals at all and an IQ over 65 would want to be a Democrat totally astounds me as THEY represent EVERYTHING and I mean every single Dam THING that is“WRONG”well in this Country?

The Joke of the Matter is the limousine Liberals use their voter base if you want to call IT that, like the Blacks that selfishly use their own people.

What the hell is wrong with CONSERVING our way of life our Culture our Constitution our beliefs the Very things that made this Country Great??

Old 11-02-2002, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2001 Daytona 26, 1992 SCARAB 34, 1989 25 Checkmate Convincer, 1977 Glastron Carlson CVX 18

Didn't they just dig up a grave the other day that had an inscription on it that said (forget the name) ------ son of JOHSEPH,brother of JESUS. Why would they have this if their wasn't a JESUS???